“Worst restaurant meal ever”

Russia House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Russia House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 242 Restaurants in Herndon
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Elden Street
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My duck dish was so salty that I didn't want to eat another bite. Should have known when we entered the restaurant at 6:30 on a Sat night and there was only one other couple that this might not be a great choice. The prices are very expensive. If you go, I've heard that the stroganoff is good so just stick to that. My husband had lamb but it was just average and for the price it wasn't worth it. You'd be much better off going to a chain restaurant, At least the food it decent and reasonably priced.

2  Thank LeeG26

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went here with my parents, who love Russian food and restaurants. We had a great meal here and I am wondering why this place was so empty on a Saturday night.

Everything we had was good to great.and the owners were so friendly.

We will return for sure :)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I ate dinner at Russia House with two friends on a saturday night while in town for a conference. Our experience was wonderful. The service, wine and food were all excellent.
I had beef stroganoff, which was pricey ($30) but was perfect! Not served over noodles. The caesar salad is made at the table and was very good as well. Wine list, by the bottle, was very balanced. We had pistachio cheesecake - also excellent. Will definately go back!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We returned to Russia House with 2 friends, one of whom was born in the Ukraine. She loved the food. One of the secrets to getting the best value from Russia House is to recognize that they offer a lot of discounts in the $20 range. We used a coupon from the Entertainment book, and I saw a Groupon at the time we went there. So look around for a discount coupon and you'll find the prices more reasonable. Service is still impeccable. The Caesar salad is the best I have ever had. I also go with the intention of trying something new, but I inevitably just order the Steak Nicola Flambé, starting with a fruit infused cold vodka. The owners are hosts and servers so you will be well taken care of.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Excellent restaurant! Nice atmosphere and very good service. Everything we ordered was cooked perfectly and tasted great. This restaurant is pricey but I don't mind the price here because of the quality of the food and service.

1  Thank JBHatfield