“Excellent hotel!!!!!!!”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Excellent hotel!!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2008

Renovations have been completed and what a great property. We use this Homewood Suites for our business associates but it was the first time I had stayed and what a pleasant surprise. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are spacious. We had a 2 bedroom suite and loved the ceiling fans in the bedrooms! Very clean, the staff is nice and always make you feel welcome with genuine smiles. The breakfast selection was excellent, nice variety and the food was good. The indoor pool/spa area was very nice and well maintained! I can't say enough about how great our stay was... we were there for a week and everything was perfect!!! Thank you for making that a very special vacation during the Christmas holiday when travel can be so stressful anyways, it was nice to know we had a relaxing place to come home to each night!

• Liked — The beds were VERY comfortable and the rooms were spacious.
  • Disliked — Wished there was wireless throughout the whole hotel not just in lobby.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingCass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ponder, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2008

I am a frequent user Homewood properties, but I have to say this is one of the better ones I've visited. The check-in agent was so friendly and helpful with directions and other information I needed. I had booked a room with two double beds because that was the only selection available when I booked the room, but he noticed in my profile that I prefer a king room and quickly switched my room assignment. It was a standard Homewood King room, nothing special, but very clean. The hotel is going under some remodeling, but nothing that's really visable to the hotel guest. The nightly manager's reception was excellent and some of the most delicious chili I've ever tasted and I live in Texas so that's saying a lot! The hotel is in a very busy area and has several restaurants down the street. Probably not within walking distance, but just a minute or two by car. Overall a great stay and if I needed to stay near the Dulles Airport again I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2008
1 Thank TXBusinessTraveler
san francisco
Reviewed August 15, 2008

The hotel was more or less what you´d expect from Hilton´s Homewood chain, an upscale motel well suited for families. The suite works well for families who want some separation from kid(s) but don´t want to pay for an extra room.

However, there were a few problems on the execution side:

- I was leaving the hotel at 6pm for an evening flight and was pretty surprised that they asked me to leave the room by 2pm. I´m pretty high on the Hilton Honors foodchain and there was no one staying in my room for the next night. However, they wanted the room made up by the time the cleaning staff departed at 3pm. They were fully within their rights (official check-out was at noon), but generally the Hilton chain is more accommodating to its frequent stayers when there´s no additional cost to the hotel.

- The welcome sheet in our room was address to a different person.

- Signs at the swimming pool asked that we shower before entering, but there was no shower. The pool towels were more like kitchen towels.

- As with other Homewood Suites I´ve stayed in, the sheets had a polyester feel to them.

- There was no shuttle after midnight. We had to pay a taxi ($15). The other Homewood Suites (as well as the Embassy Suites) near Dulles offer all night airport shuttle service.

- The breakfast offered no cut fruit, such as grapefruits.

Nothing too damning here, but we´d probably stay at a different Hilton chain hotel near Dulles on our next go-around.

• Stayed August 2008
1 Thank sfbigdude
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I had to spend a week in the Washington DC area and this Homewood Suites proved to be a great basecamp. Breakfast was good, rooms clean, service friendly... this would be your average stay, but since nothing went wrong (and something usually does), I'd rate this stay above average.

• Liked — Overall value
  • Disliked — Area where hotel is located is not developed, so not much nearby (walking distance)
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Thinker_to_go
Bethany Beach, Delaware
Reviewed September 7, 2007

I stayed here at the end of August on a weeknight and found the hotel to be very nice. The staff was excellent, everyone was so friendly and helpful. The lobby and the guestrooms were very clean and well appointed. The food was good and the area was kept very clean. Managers were always visible and one even sat down at my breakfast table to ask about my stay after I complimented the staff. They have a shuttle to the airport and allow you to leave your car here while you are travelling for no extra fee. A nice hotel for families or business travellers.

• Liked — Great staff- very friendly
  • Disliked — A/C is room was a little noisy
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank Deb_traveller
florida
Reviewed June 17, 2007

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Dulles Airport due to its convenient
location at our arrival. I must say the room was wonderful. Every room is a suite, so you have the comfort of a sitting/dining area and a spacious bedroom area. As soon as you walk inside the hotel, you realize how well kept it is. Elevators and corridors were spotless. The beds were truly heavenly and we had a great sleep. Unfortunately, we did not have time to use their pool or whirlpool, but it looked very inviting and clean. They offer a complimentary breakfast and it had a little bit of everything for everybody's taste. Our family would definately stay here again.

• Liked — Attention to detail.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank michelle674
Upstate NY
Reviewed May 4, 2006

We stayed at this particular Homewood Suites on our way down to Myrtle Beach for vacation.

The hotel was perfect - just what we needed after driving 5 hours with crying kids. The room was spacious (as are most Homewood rooms) and the buffet breakfast in the morning was perfect.

We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2006