“Decent space but don't come for the food”

Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Have been staying here since they opened whenever my work brings me to this area. The last two times I've found it to be on the downslide with the quality of housekeeping services/cleanliness falling off, lightbulbs burned out never replaced, inconsistent linens provided daily but the run the dishwasher to do one mug and spoon!, Also, the presentation, quality of the included food unappealing ( i never eat here, had been staying for the spacious rooms), and problems w the heat/ac in the rooms I was assigned. There are a lot of other choices in the area so i will probably consider other options next trip.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at this Homewood Suites as an interim hotel between two parts of my trip. It's a comfortable enough place - the suite is decent sized and they charge a very competitive price.

Everything is very clean and well kept, and the staff is nice and helpful.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was the housekeeping schedule. I did sleep in (after thirty-seven hours of travel I needed a huge block of sleep), but I was out of the room by 10 am, and not back until after 4:00. My room was never attended to in this time.

As I'm not particularly fond of having someone clean while I'm sitting right there, I didn't make a fuss over it and continued my stay to check out the next morning. As a single traveler, there were more than enough towels, toilet paper, and other amenities, even with a skipped housekeeping day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The staff accommodated all our needs for our corporate event. the Shenandoah Room was the perfect size for our meeting as well as eating space. We were happy with the service. We had our lunch and dinner from outside caterers and had Homewood Suites provide an afternoon snack as well as beer and wine.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a great hotel that I will bring family for vacation in future. Breakfast is also great. Room is clean and quiet and I like the tables and kitchen in the room. Staff service is excellent. It is a valuable hotel for stay.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed at Homewood as we were leaving on early morning flight. We were welcomed as we arrived and were promptly waited upon as we entered the staff was very friendly and courteous the accommodations were excellent and the shuttle service was prompt and courteous.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed for 1 night in October.
The airport Shuttle service was excellent.
The Driver Abraham was very very helpful with helping us with our luggage, and was very punctual with his timings.
We stayed in a smoking room (my husband is a smoker). And OMG you could smell the smoke as soon as you entered the room.
Horrible stale smell, and the windows don't open so the room has never been aired out properly.

The bedsheets smelled bad when I called the reception they said the room had been cleaned and was checked off. So that was their side covered. I changed the bedsheets with a spare set that was in the closet.

The AC came on and you would swear a truck had come into the room. I turned it off and was grateful the outside temperatures were close to freezing.

Just a dated dingy hotel where I wouldn't stay again. Of course my husband didn't have many options when searching for hotels that allowed smoking.
Now I know why.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Other Hilton Hotels should look at this particular hotel to learn about customer service, satisfaction of the guest is alwasy the number one goal. From the moment you enter the premises you are welcomed, the rooms are always welcoming cklean and fresh. The staff makes you feel at home and will take every opportunity to make you feel like a diamond, even if you are not.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Travelers also viewed these Herndon hotels
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Staybridge Suites Dulles
Staybridge Suites Dulles
#10 of 20 in Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport

Address: 13460 Sunrise Valley Dr, Herndon, VA 20171-3273
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax County > Herndon
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#6 Family Hotel in Herndon
#12 Business Hotel in Herndon
Price Range: $84 - $197 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport Hotel Herndon