“Clean and convenient! Heartily recommended.”

Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Redington Beach, Florida
“Clean and convenient! Heartily recommended.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Spacious as other Homewood Suites in which have stayed. Staff is friendly. The location is great (initially finding it can be tricky, as it sits a bit off of Centerville Road - but then there is less traffic noise).

This hotel chain does have a TV set up that you need to be aware has a plug that pulls out if you turn it.......can be frustrating as it often causes screen to go black but will still deliver audio......If happens you need to push it back up into the receptacle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DIRECTOR S, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your feed back. At Homewood Suites Dulles we strive to provide a comfortable and problem free stay for our guests. Your issue with the TV has been noted and we will looked into. Your feed back is very important to us which helps us to further improve our service standards.
Thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of the Stay and Fly package at the Dulles Homewood suites and were very happy. The gentleman at reception was very nice and provided recommendations for local restaurants and said he would also get us menus for places that delivered since it was snowing in case we didn't want to go out.

We were very pleasantly surprised when we got to the room. It is truly a suite. We had a separate bedroom, a little kitchenette that was nicely stocked with glasses, dishes, etc. They even provided a package of microwave popcorn which was perfect since we were starving!! The sink/ vanity was outside the bathroom which made it really nice when both of us were trying to get ready at 5am. I liked the set up much better than the Hyatt nearby which we had previously used under similar circumstances.

We had to leave before they served breakfast so I can't comment on that aspect of the stay, but they had coffee, tea and hot chocolate out 24 hrs which was very nice (in addition to the coffee in the room). We took a look at the pool which looked nice and had we not had to worry about wet bathing suits we definitely would have taken advantage of the pool and/or jacuzzi.

The shuttle was convenient going to the airport. Coming back it was a little less convenient as the driver was out bringing someone someplace and there was only 1 driver so we had to wait almost 30 minutes. I also thought the shuttle smelled of smoke. I am very sensitive to cig. smoke so maybe it wasn't as strong as I thought it was.

Overall we were very happy. We had never stayed at a Homewood Suites before this visit but are considering staying at one for an event based on this visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DIRECTOR S, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and we are happy that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for your business.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was the first time I had stayed at a Homewood. I've seen the ad on TV, and was wondering if it was really that good. The suite was excellent, and I did indeed feel like I was at home. The faucet on the tub/shower was a bit odd, but soon I had it figured out.

The meals were OK. They filled you up, and tasted good, but were not spectacular. At one breakfast the potatoes were decidedly cool. All in all, however, it beat the heck out of going elsewhere.

The front desk said hello to me by name whenever I came through which was a very nice touch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thaqnk you so much for staying with us. We at Homewood Suites Dulles strive to provide excellent service standards with our guests in mind. Thank you so much for your business.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were traveling with 2 year old twins. We took advantage of the Fly/Drive package this property has. Allowed us to park for the duration of our trip and then stay here when we returned before beginning the 2 hour drive to our home. It is an excellent value.
The staff was efficient and friendly. The breakfast was great. The shuttle to and from the airport was prompt and efficient. The room was spacious and in good condition (except for the pull out couch..a little worn). These guys provided and assembled and delivered cribs for our babies on short notice. The cribs were in good condition. We had a difficult journey with our kids going out to California and back via Dulles during the holidays. This hotel turned out be one of the best parts of the trip. I would highly recommend to others. Jason Suh was particularly helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted that your stay with Homewood Suites Dulles was pleasent and enjoyable. We always strive to make stays for guests like you comfortable and problem free. We appreciate your business.
United States
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were going to be out of the country for 17 days - flying out of Dulles at 11 pm and needed a place with late checkout and extended parking as we were driving from NC the day before. The director of sales (Mr. S. S.) responded to my fax inquiry and was most accommodating - offering me late checkout and extra free parking for the price of their "Stay Park and Fly" package. His responsive turned my inquiry into a win-win for him and us. Once we reached the hotel ... The employees we encountered were friendly. The shuttle to and from Dulles was prompt. The stay at the hotel (a suite with a king bed) was very comfortable. The breakfast was good. Enjoyed the wifi and the exercise room. Overall no complaints and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I plan a similar overseas trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your encouraging and positive feedback. We are happy that everything went well with your plans. Thank you for your business.
Cary, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I love the location of this hotel as it is near my work site and I can walk. The bus service is terribly slow here. I waited a long time to get picked up on Sunday night. On my return Monday, I had to wait 20 minutes for the driver to take me because he was taking some to a museum. Rather than taking me and coming back, I had to wait. This hotel is very pricey in my view. Breakfast is average. Front desk people are nice and helpful, but at this price, I can only rate it average.

Stayed December 2012
We thank you for your feed back. We are sorry for not being able to provide transportation as per your expectations. Our endevor is to be as effecient as possible and exceed our guests expectations. We will love to have you stay again with us and look forward to make your stay experience better. Thank you for your business.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stay in hotel after hotel for work and not many of them stick out in my head, unless they are really awful. However, this hotel impressed me from the time I arrived. The front desk staff is so friendly, helpful, and personable. When I say "personable," I don't mean they greet you with the fake "Hi, how are you?" comments when you walk in the door like most hotels. They all actually have personalities. When you need something, they jump at the chance to help you and never make you feel like you're a bother. They saved me a trip to Fed-ex by having all the Fed-ex envelopes and forms there at the front desk. On top of the excellent service, they have FREE breakfast and dinner! (Lasagna, Chicken and Dumplings, Hamburgers, etc) My suite was immaculate and I really hope my employer continues to use this hotel while in the Dulles area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DIRECTOR S, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments.
The Staff & Management at Homewood Suites Dulles by Hilton takes great pride in being true and committed to our guests. it is part of our promise of Hospitality to our guests who are away from home and this gives us a great opportunity to make them feel that we are there to take care.We strive to make their stay comfortable and stress free.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we appreciate your business.