“Tasty”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tasty”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I ate here recently. Our favorite Vietnamese restaraunt closed and we have been searching for a place that serves vegetables over crispy noodles. They serve that here-- and we were not disappointed! The meal was very flavorable and the portions were large. We also tried their spring roles and they were also good. My one complaint would be the service. The waiter really wanted to be somewhere else.

• Visited September 2013

Houston, Texas
“Needs more spice”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We eat Vietnamese food quite frequently, but the food here is very weak. All of the dishes were just meh. Where's the lemon grass, garlic, lime, hoisin, or even salt?! I had the vermicelli noodles with grilled pork and my husband had the beef pho. I didn't taste the strong flavors that make your mouth say yum. I was looking forward to a delicious meal after spending a day at the Mall. Disappointed.

Visited June 2013
Reston, Virginia
“Undoubtedly the worst in its class”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

there are plenty of pho joints in NoVA. most do a decent enough job. frankly, there isn't a lot you can mess up with pho if you just stick to the basics...fresh beef and ingredients, keep it simple, hot and fast...let the customer enjoy and pay...sounds pretty simple, right?

well, sadly Pho 2000 couldn't handle that simple task during our lunch experience...not just my table, but everyone in our vicinity was complaining and upset. i rarely ever get upset enough to leave a scathing review online (this might be my first), but the staff at this place didn't even care to apologize after repeated issues with our order of 2 identical and simplest items off the menu for lunch.

we waited approx 30 minutes for the food (mind you, this is PHO!! most places bring out the steaming bowl within 5 minutes). they got both the orders wrong on attempt #1. the server then tried to convince us that what she brought was a better choice because it had more meat! we declined and were about to leave when another server shouted that our real order was on the way out.

attempt #2 was also a failure. my beef soup was lukewarm at best. the beef was chewy. when i informed the server that the soup wasn't hot, he explained to me that it was cold outside!!!...seriously, you can't make this stuff up...hilarious. the server then took it inside the kitchen to reheat. by this time, i had not only lost my entire lunch hour but also my appetite. and i know mine wasn't the only table with these issues...every table around us had excessive wait times and mistakes with food delivered. maybe they were understaffed.

perhaps, one would've expected a nice apology or maybe even a couple of bucks off the check...but oh no, this place doesn't believe in that...never going back. there are too many better options in worldgate center and in the vicinity.

• Visited March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Go for food not service....”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

It's good and reasonably priced but I attentive service if you need something. Still go there as the food is delish. Not a place for a date but a place to eat and go.

Visited July 2012