“Good menu, good food!”

O'Sullivan's Irish Pub
Ranked #25 of 225 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Irish owned and operated, O'Sullivan's is the locals bar of Herndon. Our menu is a mixture of traditional Irish cuisine and American classics. Our weekly entertainment line-up includes Darts, Trivia, Karaoke, and live music Thurs, Fri & Sat. With 7 HDTV's also, we can showcase all live sporting events.
Ithaca, NY
“Good menu, good food!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Ended up eating outside here due to a hockey game on TV inside and lots of loud Capitals fans. Waiter was knowledgeable and efficient and the food was good. Definitely would eat here again!
The nice part was even though we were seated out side the smoking patrons were well enough away from us that the smoke never bothered us!

• Visited May 2012

“Step into the UK for an hour”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Authentic UK pub grub. GREAT fish&chips, GREAT shepherd's pie. "Guiness burger" is unique and very tasty - open faced burger topped with mashed potatoes, gravy, fried onions, and spinach. GREAT Irish drafts. A wee bit more expensive than I would like, but I still take the family there every couple of weeks

Herndon, Virginia
“Consistently Great Food, But Consistently Mediocre & Lackluster Service”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I live within walking distance of this cool neighborhood Irish pub and do try to frequent it to support local business and to enjoy their trivia night, live Irish music, and truly delicious food. For the pros (the food), I highly recommend the Curry Fries for an appetizer, and a traditional dish such as Bangers and Mash or Shepherd's Pie for your entree. They pull a good pint of Guinness, however if you're ordering a Coke or Diet Coke, it always tastes a bit off. Not sure if it's the ice they use but stick with water or iced tea if you're not drinking an adult beverage.For the downside, it's with the service. It seems like they typically only have one waiter/waitress working the seated patrons' area, so it's no surprise that the service is slow and that the one waitperson is overworked and therefore not inspired to offer good customer service. However, if you're looking for good food, good trivia and music, and and reliably Irish staff, O'Sulivan's is a great neighborhood spot.

• Visited March 2012
Naples, Florida
“The place to go for fine Irish friends and fare”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

O'Sullivan's! The name itself shouts IRISH but they have wide variety of live entertainment almost every night of the week. The bar tenders are attentive and love to chat. The proprieter and the bar tenders are Irish and are able to command a bit of English ((-: Just joking but it is like they just got off the boat.

It was a cold day, reminesant of a Dublin Christmas. I began with a "starter" of Dingle Dots, finely mashed potatoes, diced corned beef and cabbage breaded and deep-fried served in spicy honey mustard sauce.

As a main fare I ordered Bangers and Mash - a favorite lunch for me, as my people originated from Kenmare in the County Kerry in the south of Ireland. Irish sausages (bangers) piled on mashed potatoes with sides of Irish baked beans and poured over with a thick Guinness onion gravy.

Do try it and let us all know your thoughts.

My mistake was that I ordered both at once. You see, either one was a meal and had I waited to order the entree, I would have waited until the next visit to have the Bangers. As it was I boxed most and had it microwaved the next day and even "nuucked" it was awesome. Next trip will be Shepherd’s Pie or Beef and Guinness Stew.

All this was accompanied by several pints of Guinness stout and Gaelic accented comraderie. A true Pub adventure as I had when in the South of Ireland. You see the proprieter and the barmen are originally from across the pond and know the art of being "there" but not too much "there".

• Visited February 2012
Herndon, Virginia
“Great Shepherd's Pie”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The Shepherd's Pie is excellent at O' Sullivan's. Lots of flavor. The best I have had anywhere in the Northern Virginia area. The service was average but I would go back there without question and order the same dish all over again.

• Visited July 2011