“Great beer, food needs wotk”
Review of Finnegan's Sports Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Valley
Renton, Washington
“Great beer, food needs wotk”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went for an early St. Patricks day celebration - to beat the crowd. Ruebens were ordered by two of our party, one ordered a jalapeño burger and I had the misfortune f ordering corned beef and cabbage. Upon receipt of my corned beef I was only a second away from asking for a steak knife. It was obviously cooked at a high temperature, which made the meat so so chewy - more than a chewy sirloin. It always amazes me how a restaurant can screw up a signature dish like corned beef. More later, the Reuben's were fine, the burger was good, the corned beef was probably the worst I have ever had in a restaurant. To their credit the cost was removed from the bill, but I wonder to myself; why serve such below par food? Would it not be more affective to cook and serve the meal properly?

• Visited March 2013

Reston, Virginia
“Average pub”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Food is average, service is pretty poor but then again it is a bar what do you expect?

They gave me balsamic vinegar with my tuna, not exactly soy sauce. The owner had to run to Harris Teeter next door to get the sauce.

My cocktail was made incorrectly and they did nothing but apologize, didn't ask if I wanted it made correctly, nor did they take it off the check.

Won't be back.

• Visited December 2012
Laguna Niguel, California
“Good Service!!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Good Pub and good service. The location is great. I will come back, plus this is an AA advantage dinning location. Go a get more miles for your buck.

Austin, Texas
“Go here for the sports/TVs”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I live across the street so this place is really convienient for me. The drinks and food are pretty pricey for the value you get but the reason this place is so popular (in my opinion) is the fact that there are SO MANY TV's around the whole bar.

The booths also have their own individual TV's kind of like you would see at Greene Turtle. I have been some nights where there isn't any big games going on and they will have a pretty good DJ there with a good atmosphere. I have also been some nights where there is a huge game going on and their aren't enough staff to accomodate everyone and they always seem overwhelmed.

If you have a dog and it's a nice day outside they do let you sit outside with your dog and I have had them bring me out a water dish so that was a definite plus.

All in all if you are just looking for a place to watch a big game than this place will pass for you. If you are just looking for a new place to eat and are intrigued by the "Irish" title than I advise going somewhere else.

• Visited October 2012
Great Falls, Virginia
“A total "average" experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We live within walking distance, so that's why we went. It was raining and convenient for us. For drivers, there is plenty of free parking. It was early on a Saturday night, and they were not busy. We were seated promptly and our waitress appeared immediately. First disappointment - we each ordered a glass of their house chardonnay ($6). She returned to tell us they were out of house chardonnay, but she could substitute another for $8. Really? Out of house chardonnay at a bar-restaurant? Maybe it's just me, but that was their fault, not ours. It seems they should have offered us the substitute at the house-price.

We each ordered the Steak & Ale - a decent value at $16. A modest cut of meat served with vegetables and fries/mashed potatoes. AND - a nice pint of anything they had on draft! THAT was a good value, as the regular price for drafts is $5-$6.

The restaurant was clean and there was a nice mix of families, singles and couples. Not a romantic spot, for sure. In fact, there is an abundance of TV's everywhere, including each both with a small private flat-screen. To me, that is annoying to a good conversation and a distraction in general. But again, maybe it's just me!

There is an outdoor patio dining area, but the view is of a grocery store parking lot. Again, not romantic but if you've been stuck inside all day, it might work.

We will go again and hope they are not out of house chardonnay!

• Visited July 2012