“Excellent and good value”

Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed August 27, 2010

If you are at planning a business trip to offices around the western tip of Sunrise Valley Drive, the Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon is an excellent place to consider and with good value too.

Dan (Weekend Manager) and the front desk staff provided excellent service during my stay @ Candlewood Suites. Keep up the good work, Dan!

Adrian
(Singapore)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

All our staff, as well as Dan, is very much appreciative of your review Adrian. Thank you for taking the time to do this. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

Room 209. At 10:30 pm I found 3 critters crawling on the sheets so I captured them and froze them overnight in a coffee mug for further identification. I stripped the bed and found nothing else so slept there that night. Bad decision as I was bit anyway during the night (blood smear on sheet was proof). I took the bugs to the front desk in the morning and the changed me to another room. I did an internet search and confirmed they were bedbugs. Also learned how hard they can be to get rid of. I carefully checked my new room but found no sign. I did not sleep well the rest of the week. The front desk told me they would have the exterminators in several times to correct the problem. I decided not to stay there the following week.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2010

We would like to thank this guest for bringing the pest problem to our attention. We all know these pests are very difficult to detect and eradicate. This problem was confined to this room and we took steps through extermination to remove the pests from this suite. We were glad that we were able to move this guest to another suite that was without incident. The hotel industry in this area as well as in many other areas of the country is working hard to combat this problem. We have a vigilant process of looking for this problem in all our suties to ensure that the guests do not encounter any problems of this type during their stay. It is unfortunate that this one slipped by but by no means is this common to our hotel.

Reviewed March 19, 2010

You can't beat the price and service. Front desk attendent had a great attitude and was very helpful during check in...even though it was 10:30 PM. Rooms are roomy, clean, comfortable and spacious. Fairly easy access to highway and only a couple minutes from the Dulles airport.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Dear thead125,

It is always a pleasure to be of service to wonderful guests like you. Thank you for the positive review. Please keep us in mind next time you visit our area in the future.

Reviewed December 6, 2009

Hotel is located close to Dulles airport. Staff is friendly and the service is great.
It is an excellent value for the dollars spent. All rooms have kitchen service. Noise from airport is minimal.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for your review JimNewSmyrnaBeach_FL! You are right, although we are close to Dulles Airport, you will barely hear the airport traffic. Im happy that you thought it is worth staying a Candlewood Herndon. We hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed December 2, 2009

Candlewood Suites Dulles is well suited to serve as my home away from home. As a female solo traveler I have enjoyed my stays at Candlewood on many occasions. This facility offers clean efficiently run stuido and one bedroom suites at price I can afford. The service and cleanliness is excellent and I have always felt welcome and safe here.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank dshultz021
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

People say, "there is no place like home." So when you said we served as your "home away from home," I was really thrilled. It is truly the best compliment ever! I hope you'd continue to patronize Candlewood Herndon. Thank you for your wonderful review, dshultz021.

Reviewed September 22, 2009

The rooms have been recently upgraded (within the last couple of years). The TV was much nicer than anything I have at home. The bed was comfortable and the room had all the basic essentials for a kitchen. I stayed for more than a month. My room was neatly cleaned once a week. The hotel features free laundry, which is nice if you are staying for a while. The stay was nice and friendly. They hosted a bbq on a Wed. night that made it feel a little more like home.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank biakpinoy

Thank you for your review, biakpinoy! I am glad you enjoyed our hotel amenities. The barbecue we do each year for our guests is one of the many great things we do to make you all feel at home. This also enables us to get to know each of you and it also helps the guests make new friends. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2009

I travel all over the place on business and this hotel is by far the nicest place I have stayed, the rooms are very cozy for an extended stay with a great kichen and very comfortable bed. The staff are friendly and helpful from Yusef , Stan,and Peter, also the sales lady RITA , makes all her guests feel welcome and greet you with a smile

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank tmulligan2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!