Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
All reviewsfree laundryhonor systemfront desklong termlaundry roomfull size refrigeratorhome away from homean extended stayexcellent customer serviceclean roomsherndon areaexcellent place to stayclose to the airportcomfortable stayfitness centercomfortable bedthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I stay there only for one night, but it was time enough to received such an amazing service from Katie at the from desk. I had a long day at work and I was looking for a IHG to stay near by the Dulles airport, due to an early flight back to FL. for my luck, I found Candlewood Suites. Katie was really nice to me and my coworker, showed us a room before booking, was very patient, and even offered us a free movie to watch. Then I had trouble configuration the DVD but she guided me through it. I would definetelly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Romero-Peraza
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

I appreciate your review Romero-Peraza. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is great that you were blown away by the quality of service we provided you during your stay. YOU are our top priority and we want you to know and feel that whenever you are staying in our hotel. I am glad you got to take advantage of our free lending library which includes movies, cds and books too. I’ll make sure to pass along your compliments to Katie. We hope to welcome you back in our hotel soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Convenient location, very near airport. Room was clean, very comfortable bed and pillows.
Employees are very friendly.
Even though it doesn't have a restaurant, if offers basic food products. The suites have a very very complete kitchenette
We were very glad with the quality and service I received for the price we paid.
The room offers a big desk and comfortable chairs.
The bathroom was clean, things worked without trouble. Vanity products were of good quality and sufficient. There were plenty of fluffy towels
We arrived late. The front desk was closed but we didn't have any problem. Our key was in a safe box

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alicia F

Thank you for your review Alicia F. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience staying at our hotel. Our hotel gives you the convenience of having a home away from home, from our weekly cleaning service, our free gym and laundry facilities, to our fully-equipped kitchen that allows you to prepare your own meals. Thank you for writing about the things you liked about our hotel. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was an ok hotel, but I wish they cleaned it a bit better and kept it in better shape. The overall idea of the hoetl is fine, and it is ok, but it just looks a little worn in spots, that could be easily taken care of, but are not. This hotel is clearly designed to cut costs, but because of this it wears out quickly. Since the initial cost to make the hotel was relatively low, they should renovate frequently. An example of a worn "cheap" item was the shower head. I mean they can't buy a new $10 showerhead every once in a while? Anyway, this hotel is ok, and if you can't find anything else, or prefer its extended stay format, then it will be a decent choice

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Pharmrep79,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was impressed by the quality of room I received for the price I paid. It never occurred to me that this was a "suites" hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the fully stocked (minus the food) kitchen and a large working desk. The bed was much more comfortable than the pictures indicate! I was sad I only stayed one night. When checking-in, I was greeted by welcoming staff who covered everything I was entitled to as a guest. It was nice that the hotel provided rental movies and I appreciated having the Cupboard. The fitness room was small and very warm due to its shared quarters with the laundry room. However, this did not affect my overall stay. I did have difficulty checking out because my envelope was not placed in the "Express Check-out" box, but someone did come to help me.This hotel is really great for the price you pay. Clean. Comfortable. Affordable. Friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for the positive review Tina C. I am glad we have surprised you with the quality of our rooms. We give you the best value for your money by giving you wonderful amenities, great quality service and clean rooms. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. We hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Well, this is my 2nd at Candlewood Suites. I just could not think of any other place in Herndon for my long stay in the US. Candlewood Suites is the best in town. The front desk treats you so well and the rooms are neat and tidy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DadaGaurav
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

I appreciate you writing us a review DadaGaurav. I am glad we made a good impression on you the first time that you preferred to stay with us when you came back. That alone is a wonderful compliment to us. So, thank you! We’d love to be of service to you again in the future. Please keep us in mind when you come back to the US.