“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I have stayed for three weeks and from day one we had a great experience. The staff are wonderful and so helpful and always smiling. Everything is convenient in the hotel, laundry room, gym and in house store.
The hotel location is great, shops nearby and you can go for long walks.

We highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for writing us a wonderful review, Adriana B. It's a pleasure knowing you had a great stay with us. Our staff members are always happy to be of service to all our guests and I thank you for your compliments to them. Please keep us in mind when you are back in the area again. Thank you for staying at Candlewood Suites Herndon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed for 20 days in August'12 and had an overall great experience. The hotel enjoys locational advantage due to its proximity to the Dulles International Airport and Herndon business districts. The shopping centers are also not far and DC is a 40 minutes drive. The rooms are clean and upkeep is good. The best part of the hotel are the extremely friendly and courteous staff who ensure that whether you are there for business or pleasure, who have a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the 3rd and 4th floor facing frontage can be preferred
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Subhasis D
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hello Raj5555_12! Thank you for complimenting our team members! I am happy you had a great stay and that you loved our location. We are approximately four miles away from Dulles Airport and close to a lot of big companies such as Time Warner, Northrop Grumman, Booz Allen, etc. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for writing us a review on tripadvisor.
Reston, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Everything in this place is very cheap and low quality, from the design of the building to the furnishings. When you sit at the desk you notice that the chair is very low and if you're using a laptop you'll experience blood circulation problems in your hands. AC units are very loud and even the non-smokng floors stink like cigarettes. The fitness center is something that stands out as being particularly substandard. There are no dumbells and the equipment (one eliptical and treadmill) are not exactly the premium brand that you see in the gym.

Room Tip: If you are willing to shop online through sites such as Priceline and Hotels.com you should be able...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank IHG_Fan
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear BoomerPickins, I am sad to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please be assured that although our hotel is not as elaborately decorated as some of the higher-end hotels, our hotel boasts clean, comfortable rooms that give you the convenience of having the stuff you have in your home right in your hotel room such as a flat screen TV, DVD player, fully equipped kitchen, HBO channels, free laundry facilities, barbecue grills and a lot more. I apologize you did not like the chair in your room and that the AC unit was not as quiet as you want it to be. Please be aware that we are very much committed into making you as comfortable as possible in our hotel and would very much want to resolve any of your issues next time you are with us. I hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you again in the future. Thank you for your review.
Wasilla, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here two nights while conducting business in Herndon. When I expect to spend more time in a room than just sleeping, I opt for a suite for comfort. However, I cannot call these rooms a comfortable suite. The furnishings and fixtures are very basic (cheap). Tthe decor is non-existent (white hard walls, cabinets, bathroom). There are limited convenience features (no convenient bedside outlets for charging mobile phone). One exception is the bedding is very good quality and comfortable. The staff is friendly and personable, but several times found the reception desk was not occupied. In fact there is no entrance lobby - it feels like going in the back door to an apartment building. In the future I'll be avoiding this franchise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MaCroPlanet
Dear MaCroPlanet, I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Although we don't offer the kind of contemporary decor and furnishings most higher-rating hotel does, we offer great service, clean rooms, fully equipped kitchens, free laundry facilities, etc.---and the great thing is, we don't charge you anything extra for it. I apologize you missed the outlet behind your nightstand and that you thought our lobby is not very welcoming. We are currently undergoing lobby renovations which I hope you will get to see. If in the future you need a clean hotel that caters to your basic needs and gives you the best value for your buck, please do keep us in mind. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
MADISON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed for 3 months for business. had a great experience. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. The cleaning staff kept the lobby area, elevator and hallways clean and did a great job on the weekly cleaning of my room. The weekday front desk staff (Princess)was courteous and helpful. Not so much the weekend staff, after 7 pm they are hard to locate and don't always answer the phone, but I won't let that deter my excellent rating. On my next visit, I will definately stay at Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear KD, thank you for your review of our hotel. I am delighted that you noticed how our housekeepers keep all the common areas clean. They work really hard to ensure everything in our hotel especially your room, stays clean all the time. I apologize if you found our weekend staff not very helpful. I believe it is just an isolated incident that no one has answered your call. The weekend staff may sometimes leave the front desk, but please know that they are always available to help you anytime you need assistance with anything. Thank you for giving us a good rating on tripadvisor. Looking forward to your next visit with us.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

And ours wasn't very good. The thing about getting off on the wrong foot is that other little thing is amplified. At check-in, the front desk gave us the key to Room 209 and we went in an discovered someone else was already in that room; his suitcases were on the floor. Used the in-room phone to call and say there was a problem, and the front-desk told me I had to come back to resolve it. I replied, calmly, "No, you need to come up here." I was hung up on. A manager did appear and took us to Room 226, apologized, gave us a $5 voucher for the store. The room was dreary but fine. There were the usual motel-like issues--cracked caulk in the bathroom, lumpy bed--that contributed to the dreariness. Among the other issues: We had a message, called to try to retrieve it, got a repeated busy signal, then called the front desk to ask 1. how to log in to wireless and 2. what the message was. Turns out the message was the new password for wireless and the front desk said it would turn off the blinking light and kill the message. The light blinked for the rest of our stay and I never could retrieve our message. On the morning of Day 3, we turned in our towels and asked for a set of fresh but only bath towels were available. Desk said hand towels and washcloths would be brought up to us. They never were. The coffeemaker died on the third day. Mind you, none of these is major (except for being let into someone else's room),but they undermine the good aspects, which include the free washers and dryers, good wireless and good flat-screen TVs. I think all of the good reviews heightened my expectations, so I am partly to blame. But let's face it: A two-star place is still going to have things like piles of guest garbage left at the end of the hall for 12-14 hours, dirty elevators with cracker crumbs on the floor and rooms with chipped paint. I wanted to love this place. Turns out it was a four-night stand and not a love match.

Room Tip: Make sure the room you're sent to isn't occupied.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CatHamm
Dear CatHamm, I apologize we did not meet your expectations during your stay.To address some of your issues, I would like to let you know that although our rooms are not as contemporary-looking as other newer hotels, they are always kept clean. It is also standard that our rooms have a fully-equipped kitchen with a full-size fridge, toaster, microwave oven, dishwasher, stovetop and a DVD player -- which most hotels don’t offer. I am sorry the message light did not stop blinking during your stay. We could have turned the light off should you have mentioned to us that it did not turn off the first time we did it. I wish we could have done something to make your stay a lot better or was given the chance to make things right for you. We are not trying to compete with other higher class hotels, but I am happy to say that we are one of the best in our class. Thank you for allowing us to serve you. I hope this experience won’t deter you in staying at a Candlewood brand in the future. Please give us another chance to be of service to you again.
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for my business trip and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying for long term. Staff is nice and friendly ( especiallyGlenn and Dan).
I am planning to return this hotel in August.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel on tripadvisor Arun G! I am happy you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope to see again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!