“Their Sushi Rocks”

Sterling, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Their Sushi Rocks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I walked into this unassuming little place in Herndon for lunch one day and was amazed by the quality of their food. A wide assortment of Thai and Asian selections. I love their panang chicken (one of the best panangs I have had) and I crave their New Mexico sushi rolls! Keep up the great work. I have been back with friends and have created more addicts.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Vesna C

Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
“The Best Yellow Curry Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I cannot tell you how many times I have visited Three Thai Sushi over the past few years. Whether it be for lunch during the work day or delivered to my apartment, both their Thai and Japanese food are always spot on and reliable.

My go to menu items are the yellow chicken curry, the fresh spring rolls, and the shaggy dog roll. They are not shy about making your food very spicy upon request, and they will quickly recognize you as you begin to stop in more.

Tip: Ask for the deluxe sushi and shashimi for two! It is no longer on the menu, but if you request it they usually have no problem making it. The huge portion includes, two salads, sushi rolls, nigiri, and fresh shashimi and will cost you about $45 US. My wife and I would have it delivered to our apartment about once every two weeks.

Other Favorites:
Triple Spicy Rolls
Crying Tiger Beef (Spicy)
Panang Curry Chicken
Tom Yum Soup
Crispy Spring Rolls

Having lived in Thailand I can assure you that their food is authentic tasting and comparable to the restaurants in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Hope you enjoy!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Christopher-J-Scott
Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Love both their dine-in and delivery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived early on a Saturday afternoon. Service is prompt. Ordered sushi as appetizers and two Thai dishes for dinner. Sushi is regularly good, but our choice in rolls this time didn't blow us away. The yellow coconut curry chicken and crispy basil duck were both amazing though! The curry chicken was rich and the duck had the perfect sweet savory spicy combination. We will definitely will be coming back.

We also regularly order delivery and are always happy with the service. A tip goes a long way and we appreciate the deliverer going up our three flight of stairs. Food is always hot and is delivered using within 30-45 minutes.

• Visited February 2013
Royal Oak, MI
“Excellent Food with a Great Variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I arrived in Herndon late (8:00p) on a Sunday evening and decided to check out GrubHub for someplace that delivers that late. As a fan of Thai food, I thought I'd give Three Thai a chance. I ordered the Tom Kha Gai as Thai-hot (they also offer Lao-hot, which I imagine is pretty incredibly hot) and the Crispy Duck.

First, heat... I love hot and spicy food, and the thai-hot soup was surprisingly hot, especially for an online order. A lot of Thai places push their spice levels a little more mild than I would expect for a given level of heat - not this place. The soup was good and spicy! Oh, and delicious.

Then I dug into the crispy duck. Absolutely wonderful, with great flavors and an amazing crispiness, especially for a delivery item (they poked holes in the top of the container to prevent steam form condensing, dripping down and making it soggy).

Overall, in my one experience, I was very happy with the food, the service, and the price. Definitely worth checking out.

• Visited September 2013
Virginia
“Very accomodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a favorite lunch spot. My lunch group has bounced around various Thai restaurants and we have settled here. We are weekly customers of Three Thai Sushi. They are very willing to make substitutions or even create dishes not on the menu. We were treated well from our very first visit. I really enjoy the spring rolls that come with lunch. I am a fan of their drunken noodles. They can make it as hot or mild as you would like.

Visited August 2013