“Very Good meal!”

Stone's Cove Kitbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stone's Cove Kitbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 226 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Valley
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Cool set-up with most of the tables around the interior bar/kitchen area. All the staff were very attentive. We got the meatloaf cupcakes as an appetizer; my wife had the Devil's Kissed pasta and I had the chicken kabobs. Everything was very good!

Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner and service at the KitBar! And we agree, you can't go wrong by starting your meal with the Meatloaf Cupcakes! We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Stone's Cove Kitbar

Reviewed February 13, 2014

The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and the drinks were perfect. I highly recommend going here. We sat around the bar and enjoyed the awesome bartender, who took good care of me and 4 of my girlfriends.

Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you for the 5-star review! Our ChefTenders work hard to provide excellent service and it's always great to hear positive feedback from our guests. We hope to see you soon at the KitBar!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The idea is unique as far as I have ever seen. I just ate there about 15 minutes ago and can't decide if it is great or I overpaid for something simple. It could be a dot painted on canvas by Picasso or a dot painted by me. The building is nice and the food preparing setup looks elaborate so I don't think I'm at a lemonade stand being tricked by kids. I had two items f or about $11 each. The upside down meatloaf tasted quite good with the horse radish flavor. It was either developed by a master chef or by accident by my college roommate in a dorm. I don't know. The chicken kabob was flavorful and had good flavor without being spicy. If I was to go back with a friend I would order 3 items and share.

1  Thank kevinaveryabel@gmail.com
Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for writing such a wonderful four star review. It's always a little risky to try a new place and we appreciate you taking the time to come give us a try. The next time you're in try sharing a few items - it will only enhance your experience. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited here for the DC restaurant week but opted to order from the regular menu. The overall setup is just how the website explains--a modified kitchen exists where you'd expect seating. The seats then surround the entire kitchen, so it does get a bit warm. You literally see everything made in front of you and lends yourself to open discussions with your server/waiter/chef (they play all roles).

The chili & Greek salad were both amazing. For entree the wife had the bourbon butter sirloin. It was a tad overcooked but the butter left it irresistible. After going over the menu multiple times, I opted for the Rueben flatbread. The sauerkraut was very minimal and highly approachable. We will both be returning and urge others to try as well.

Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

We deeply appreciate your very positive review of our business. We are very pleased that you got to enjoy many of the favorite selections that we offer. It is always most rewarding to hear directly from our customers and especially those willing to provide their positive perspective with the online world and beyond. We look forward to seeing you soon and often.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Cool concept but the food here is way too pricey for what you'll get. $13 for greek salad that's basically a salad in a bag at any grocery store and a basic mcdonalds salad. $15 for 4 shrimp and grits, I mean shrimp isn't that expensive. And last portobello flatbread was like salty flatbread $12. The only thing decent were the shrimp and grits. Would be nice if the server came by and asked if we were good with our food. After tax and tip it's a $50 meal!

Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Very sorry to hear that your experience at the Kitbar did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your review and will continue to work on improving all of our guests experiences.