“Bird's eye view of the kitchen”

Stone's Cove Kitbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stone's Cove Kitbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 227 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Valley
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We've driven past this place many times and always thought it looked intriguing. So I decided to take my wife here to celebrate her birthday. It was a busy Friday night and we ended up waiting about 30 minutes to get a table. Fortunately, the time passed quickly because we ran into a friend who was enjoying her meal. We were seated along one of the long sides of the kitchen, which gave us a great view of the operations. I enjoyed a hamburger and my wife had the chicken kabobs. Like other reviewers, she raved about the coconut sauce. We really enjoyed talking with the chefs and watching them prepare our meal (and others). We ended the meal with mini ice cream cones filled with key lime and chocolate mousse, a yummy and fun twist on dessert.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went here for the first time with a group of friends, and it is now one of my favorite places! Why? Well, yes, it's a really fun atmosphere, and everyone who works here is so incredibly friendly! I love the setup with a huge bar that covers the whole restaurant, and we got a table attached to the bar which I thought was so cool! The drinks were great, and our spinach dip appetizer was wonderful! But what makes it one of my favorite places? Those lobster salads in the miniature ice cream cones! They tasted so good and are sooooooo incredibly cute! I am from New England and have had lobster a billion times but never served liked that! In fact, the only other time I've eaten anything from miniature ice creams cones was at The American Girl Cafe (they put ice cream in theirs). This place was so great, and I can't wait to go back again! And I wish I could have a party and serve those lobster cones! They would be so perfect!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Love this place! Great food, Great cocktails and a really unique cool atmosphere! Staff are always really pleasant also. Highly recommend for a different evening out!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Try the shrimp and grits. It's awesome. Also, pineapple and coconut used in awesome sauce for chicken kabob (used to same combo in cocktails instead). Only bad thing is that items on plate are served in quantities of 4 (rhymes with death in Cantonese). From Chinese perspective, always serve/order food in odd quantities.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Wonderful food served in the perfect portion at a funky "vintage-style" diner counter . Great staff, always friendly and attentive. A great place for couples or groups of friends to enjoy lunch, dinner or drinks.