“Excellent hotel, will stay there from now on when in the DC area.”

Staybridge Suites Dulles
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Excellent hotel, will stay there from now on when in the DC area.”
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Everything from the service to room and food was superb at this location. We were greeted warmly, treated well, and totally enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Michigan
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Very nice property not far from DC. Dog friendly with a relaxed attitude.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Cambridge, UK
Reviewed April 10, 2010

This hotel is very convenient for the airport (less than 10 minutes drive), and the two-bedroom suites are spacious and great when travelling with kids, rather than all trying to sleep in one hotel room.

If you don't have your own transport, the hotel's minibus is always willing to take you to the airport, or anywhere else close by.

Breakfast was typical for this class of establishment, which is not to criticise it: it certainly made a more-than-adequate start to the day.

The internet barely worked in our room, but the business center was always available.

They did make one blunder where they checked someone else into our room. We were woken at 11:30 PM by another family trying to break into our room. Despite that, I'm still going to give them 4 out of 5.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Bury St Edmunds, England
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We can't say enough good things about Staybridge, Herndon...we've been here on a two-week vacation on two previous visits to Northern Virginia and Washington DC...rooms are excellent; breakfast is super; staff are very good! We're coming back in July 2010!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed December 26, 2009

I went to Washington, DC to visit the sites. I was very concerned about the potential cost to visit the DC area. I was able to make this trip for six days for less than $1100.00. This included my room, airline expenses, rental car, and food expense for the six days. The main reason dealt with getting an excellent room at a very good price, The place was the Staybridge Suites at Herndon, VA.. I loved the one bedroom suite with a full refrigerator, stove and microwave. There were separate settings for the heat/cooling central controls.

The hotel offered a free breakfast with eggs, sausage, cereals, juices, coffee, bagels, muffins, bread and waffles each morning. The staff was extremely helpful and made my tours very easy. The hotel shuttle took me to the Dulles airport and I was able to get a Metro bus to the Washington, DC downtown area. I was able to either walk, ride another bus or the subway for my entire 6 days. Of course, there are cabs. I did not want to spend the extra money for the cabs. The other transportation was very good.
There are points at Fairfax to get on the Metro subway. I wanted to see the sites and the bus service offered that opportunity.

There was an excellent Thai food place within one mile or so of the hotel. I thought the food was excellent and ate there several times during my visit. I will return to both facilities on my next visit. I could not see enough of the sites during the one visit. I will need to come back several times to enjoy more of the sites. Yes, I had a good time. You do need to have good walking shoes for this type of visit.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 28, 2009

Stayed there for 3 months. Facilities were good. Food was also very good. Service was good too. Much better than other extended stays

Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
new jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We had to plan a real quick trip to washington as we wanted to see the cherry blossom festival. As always all the nearby hotels were booked. So i started looking for things at a distance and than i came across this place. It is one of the best places to go with kids. The rooms are very spacious and the kitchen they have in the suites will make sure you dont miss your home.
They also provide complimentary breakfast which is very satisfactory. Especially they keep lots of options for kids. The location of the hotel is very convenient. The next time i go to washington, this would definately be my choice of hotel to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family