My family and I (me, wife, 2 adult kids) stayed here recently for a week for a family reunion. Having lived in the area for 45 years, we pretty much knew what the area had to offer for extended stay hotels. We've stayed at all of them, but this time we chose Staybridge due to unavailability where we normally stay. We were presently surprised by what we got. We had a 2-BR unit on the ground level. It was clean, pleasant, and comfortable. The unit feels a little tighter than what we were used to, but it was fine. The breakfast was good. It was fresh, hot, clean, and offered plenty of choices. We didn't partake in the evening happy hour/appetizers they offer, but our room had a menu of what they offered. Free beer and wine, and one night they had lasagna, another night was burgers, and another night was nachos. Not bad.
Overall we were very pleased. I am platinum with Marriott, and am used to staying at very nice hotels. This one was not luxurious, but was very functional with comfortable beds and all that we needed to make our stay pleasant. I didn't give it 5 stars due to two things: we had ants in our kitchen, and our neighbors had a loud dog that barked all the time. The barking is not the hotel's fault, but it indicates to me that the walls are pretty thin. Also, we asked for a quiet part of the hotel, but they stuck us in a building where the "dog walk" is.....which meant we were in a building with pets.
All in all I would recommend this property for an extended stay hotel in the Herndon area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Herndon/ Dulles is conveniently located 4 miles from the Dulles Airport and 25 miles from downtown Washington DC, with easy access to the Dulles Toll Road (Route 267), I-495, Route. 28 & Route 66. The hotel has a free airport shuttle that operates daily within a 5-mile radius from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm. Enjoy our extended stay hotel with exterior guest suite entrances and spacious one bedroom and two bedroom/two bath suites. Stay connected via our free high-speed Internet access in each suite and the business center. At this Staybridge Suites, relax by the outdoor swimming pool, exercise in our fitness center, shoot hoops in the SportCourt, or grill on our BBQ. Pets allowed for fee see pet policy. Join us daily for a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Join us for The Social Tuesday - Thursday evenings for complimentary beer, wine and light fare. Shop nearby at Tysons Corner, Fair Oaks Mall, Reston Town Center, and Leesburg outlets. The hotel is convenient to numerous businesses, the Smithsonian museums, battlefields and wineries located in the Washington DC area. Whether staying for business, pleasure or relocation, the caring staff at the Staybridge Suites Herndon/ Dulles is ready to welcome you! Get comfortable while visiting the Herndon, Reston, Chantilly, and Dulles Airport areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Dulles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Dulles Hotel Herndon
- Staybridge Suites Herndon
- Dulles Staybridge Suites