This one is a gem and I would stay here again if ever going back to Washington D.C. We went in mid-May of this year and considering that most of the hotels in the D.C. area went from expensive to very expensive to please-sacrifice-your-first-born expensive, for the amount we paid we got .. a clean, comfortable mini-apartment with a kitchen, which was very quiet, access to a free shuttle that would take us to (and pick us up from) the Herndon-Monroe park and ride, from which we could pick up a commuter bus to the West Falls Church metro station and be able to get on the subway, a pretty good free breakfast every morning, a social-hour with food and free beer and wine that could easily stand in for dinner Tues-Thurs, a nice pool (though it wasn't open yet .. not till Memorial Day), desk staff that was great in helping with anything (including lending a basketball to shoot some hoops). Even the king size bed was firm, which is a big issue for me since lots of hotel beds are too mushy for my taste. For $119/night it was way better than the Comfort Inns we stayed at (which were around $100/night). I plan to stay in this hotel suite chains on future trips wherever possible. The shuttle was one of the best things because it allowed us to do day trips into Washington DC. I've stayed in DC before and it is 1) hard to drive in, 2) expensive to get a room, 3) hard to find parking and if you do you get gouged for your pains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Herndon/ Dulles is conveniently located 4 miles from the Dulles Airport and 25 miles from downtown Washington DC, with easy access to the Dulles Toll Road (Route 267), I-495, Route. 28 & Route 66. The hotel has a free airport shuttle that operates daily within a 5-mile radius from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm. Enjoy our extended stay hotel with exterior guest suite entrances and spacious one bedroom and two bedroom/two bath suites. Stay connected via our free high-speed Internet access in each suite and the business center. At this Staybridge Suites, relax by the outdoor swimming pool, exercise in our fitness center, shoot hoops in the SportCourt, or grill on our BBQ. Pets allowed for fee see pet policy. Join us daily for a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Join us for The Social Tuesday - Thursday evenings for complimentary beer, wine and light fare. Shop nearby at Tysons Corner, Fair Oaks Mall, Reston Town Center, and Leesburg outlets. The hotel is convenient to numerous businesses, the Smithsonian museums, battlefields and wineries located in the Washington DC area. Whether staying for business, pleasure or relocation, the caring staff at the Staybridge Suites Herndon/ Dulles is ready to welcome you! Get comfortable while visiting the Herndon, Reston, Chantilly, and Dulles Airport areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Staybridge Suites Dulles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Dulles Hotel Herndon
- Staybridge Suites Herndon
- Dulles Staybridge Suites