“Family Vacation”

Staybridge Suites Dulles
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We decided to travel here for springbreak from Georgia. After reading the reviews we decided to stay here March 23-25, 2013. We booked directly from the site and when we arrived everything was ready when we checked in. The room was clean, we had enough space for all 5 of us 2 adults and 3 children in the 2 room suite (also had a sofabed). The kitchen was barely used but we did use the coffee maker and fridge and they both were working. The water pressure was good and tv and accessories all worked. It actually snowed on us while there but the great thing someone came out to shovel the snow from the walkways to the main office where breakfast and the gym is located. Not sure if we had neighbors but there wasnt any noise. Just be aware this area is mixed residential and commercial. As for the breakfast it was fine I wasnt looking for a big selection its not a huge dining area so it was good for the space.I think maybe they should have a 2nd waffle maker.. Only concern was Monday morning It may have been due to the weather but maybe someone to bust the tables and someone who monitors the food to replenish. I noticed someone did come and empty trash and etc but on that day the weather was bad it may have just been more people than normal.

Room Tip: Depending on your situation if you need a lower tier or disabled make sure you inform the hotel. We...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
AJudy, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear KA,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on our hotel! We appreciate your comments and are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us, even through the snow!

As you saw with the increased guests all at once during breakfast, it can be challenging to keep up with the volume of people. Sometimes we get behind in cleanup, but we get some extra help to keep up with the guests. We also know that the waffle area gets congested (guest favorite!), and we are looking into additional equipment during busy times.

Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites Herndon/Dulles for your travel to our neighborhood, and we look forward to having you back soon!

ChrisZ

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stay here year after year. The staff is always nice and the rooms are comfortable and clean. However, each day we stayed the breakfast was chaotic and most foods empty. Also, there seemed to be a lot of kids partying at the hotel. One guest even threatened my nephew as they were hanging the front of the hotel. This was the first year I didn't feel safe here.

Room Tip: Definitely get a two room suite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear JGallagher28,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and I'll respond here to your comments about our hotel and services.

We are pleased to see that overall you had a good stay with us. We strive to have clean rooms and friendly employees, and are glad to see we are doing well in these areas.

We did notice your comments regarding the breakfast. We know how busy it was, as during this time we have many families staying with visiting the area during spring break. Unfortunately, we cannot control when folks will come to breakfast, but we do our best to clean up and restock as quickly as we can. We realize we fell behind at times, but we work hard to ensure that everyone has breakfast each morning, in fact we even kept breakfast open a little longer to ensure everyone was taken care of each day.

We also noted your comments regarding "kids partying at the hotel", and are unaware of any issues with guests at this time. I'm sorry if you didn't feel comfortable during your stay. We agree there were many children and families here during spring break, and at times the Guest House would get very crowded. If you feel this item needs additional review, please give us a call at 703-713-6800 and ask for the manager on duty.

Thank you again for staying with us, we appreciate your return visit! We hope to have you stay at Staybridge Suites Herndon/Dulles again on your next trip to our neighborhood.

Chris Z.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is well maintained & feels more like an apartment complex than hotel. The staff is courteous & helpful. Our suite, 2 bedroom was large and well equipped. Complimentary breakfast is included everyday & an evening social during the work week. Complimentary shuttle is available to the airport, Air & Space Museum & bus transport to the Metro . We were so pleased with the price will consider another visit when going to DC. Only draw is that there are no close restaurant within walking distance, but the Clock Tower shopping center is minutes away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kay S
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Kay S,

Thank you for taking the time provide us with great feedback! We were happy to welcome you and your family and I'm pleased the staff made you feel at home during your stay. Our staff takes pride in the property and I'm glad it is has made a positive impact on the guest expereince. I will be sure to tell them their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Operations Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a very well maintained hotel, with very good and courteous staff. The rooms are very very large with all facilities expected. It is around a 40 min drive to DC and is priced reasonably, especially compared to the prices in DC itself. The only problem was there are no restaurants in walking distance, so you need to drive for food.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hari S
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Hari S,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback!
I'm happy that you found our newly renovated rooms large and accommodating during your stay and that our staff had a genuine caring attitude to make you feel at home.
I hope you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius that gives you easy access to local restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles the next time you are in the area!

Operations Manager

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The photos online of this place doesn't do it justice. It was a really great place and the rooms are excellent! They are really nice and comfortable. It has everything you might need. Complimentary breakfast and the evening social is great! Complimentary shuttle was really a big convenience

All of the staff are really warm and very accommodating and really gives you a sense of home. It was overall a really great experience that I really enjoyed. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit and would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bluelilac20

Dear Bluelilac20,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback!

I will be sure to relay to the staff that their welcoming smiles and genuine passion to make our guests feel at home does not go unnoticed! We love seeing our guests at our weekly social to welcome them to the Staybridge Suites family during their travels.

I'm happy that you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and well equipped for all of your needs during your stay. We will be sure to update our photos very soon and include our new shuttle van in the photos!

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My family and I have become fans of Staybridge Suites. This one is no different. We got a 2 bdrm suite for a very reasonable price. In fact, it was so reasonable, that we extended our stay! The facility is super clean, the breakfast was very ample, and the evening social (free food) was quite nice... With free beer!!!!! The worst part about this one is that its like apartments, there arent common hallways (if its cold or hot outside). Back to the praises: The staff are awesome: props to April, Alex, and Myron who made our stay great. Would stay here again!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank schoolybear
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I want to start out by saying the guest service by Myron, Evan and April were incredible. My father passed away suddenly during my 20 day stay and I immediately needed notorized forms signed (at a late weekday hour) or two witnesses to my signiature with their drivers licenses and personal information to be filled out on an additional form. Myron and April did not personally know me, but didn't hesitate to help me. Their actions were VERY kind and went WAY beyond even the best guest service. Let me add too, that Evan assisted me in finding delayed corporate packages. Their actions were the epitomy of excellent guest service. I travel nationally about 200 nights a year and their service is about the best I have seen in years. The only negative thing I can say is not everyone in their staff shows the same good service. Especially the weekend staff (except Myron) that was too busy to help guests (I witnessed this) when they were on personal phone calls or in the back office talking about what they saw on the Internet. I wish I got their names but their service was purposefully poor and their attentiveness to guests bordered upon laughable (I'm sure the hotel management knows the names of these people). However, the actions of these few shouldn't reflect the overall great ratings for room size, cleanliness, guest service at breakfast and dinner snacks and hotel atmosphere. Compared to other Staybridge Suites, Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites (extended stay facilities), I give this hotel a BIG thumbs up.

• Stayed: November 2012