“Nice, but...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice, but...”
Reviewed March 12, 2006

The staff was friendly and the lobby was quite extravagant, but the actual room was askew. The bathroom felt somewhat unclean and for two out of the five days spent there, the pillows and sheets were not changed. The ice machine on our floor was also not functioning, but aside from those few problems, it was an okay stay. Since my stay at the hotel, things might have changed and if so, I would recommend the Hyatt Dulles.

• Stayed May 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 10, 2005

This hotel is rather large in a business park very close to the airport. The staff is very international and extremely helpful. My room was comfortable and up to date. I was there for a one-day business meeting. The meeting facilities were top-notch as well as the food that was provided.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank TomJr
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 22, 2005

Stayed for a weekend and this property is certianly a bit off the beaten path in an office park development. Nothing else is in walking distance, but since there was a heat advisory this weekend, I wasn't much up for it anyway.

The rooms and hallways have been renovated recently and it appears they still have a bit of touching up to do at this point to get everything squared away perfect, but I liked the direction they are going. The rooms have very soft carpet and very comfortable beds. The sitting end of my King room had a stone topped desk with soft leather desk chair as well as a smallish sofa, chair and coffee table. I liked the fact that the TV swiveled on the console in the center of the room and could be seen from any point in the room. Too many hotels are set up where you cannot see the TV from the desk if you are working late. Glad I didn't have to rearrange the furniture in this room. The bathroom is small but it opens onto an enclosed area with the sink and closet. It was fine for me, but might be tight if you have mulitiple guests in the room. I noticed many newspapers at doors in the morning, but never heard anyone else on my hall day or night like some have reported.

Downstairs all the employees were upbeat and accomodating from the Front Desk to the Restaurant to the Bar. Both the AM and PM staff members remembered me the second visit, even one who had not waited on me before. They gladly accomodated my quirky requests.

Dinner items are priced a la carte and it is quite easy to run up a nice sized check, but all items i was served were enjoyable. I liked the crab cakes both at dinner and at breakfast in the eggs benedict dish. I also tried one of Hyatt's new breakfast items, "Poached Eggs in a Pot" and found it much to my liking. It's stewed tomatoes, ham, spinach, asparagus and 2 poached eggs. Not your normal breakfast fare, but a nice change and well presented.

The only thing that was a turn off at this property was that they use the large open lobby for wedding receptions on Saturday afternoon/evening (just about every weekend the bartender told me). So when i came down for a nice quite drink in the bar before dinner, I was shocked to find the lobby packed and very noisy. Luckilly they all moved into the banquet area for dinner and lobby quieted down quicky after that. Next time i would adjust my schedule accordingly.

If your not looking for a hotel in the center of it all, but still want someplace nice then I would not hesitate to stay here. Best of all their weekend rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank ajva
Reviewed July 12, 2005

We arrived late into Washington DC and just needed 1 night. The experience was we had was good. Everything was as expected. There were zero problems and everyone did their job with a smile.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank ploza
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 8, 2005

I stayed at the Hyatt Dulles to take advantage for their Park and Fly deal for a week long trip to California. When we arrived, we were quickly checked in and given a mini suite for the night. The room has spacious, very clean and very quite.

As a Gold Passport member, they also gave us coupons for breakfast the next morning, which we unfortunately could not use because we left the hotel at 6:15 and breakfast did not start until 6:30.

They also seemed a bit unprepared for the number of people who were doing the park and fly deal and needed transportation to the airport in the morning. There were probably 30 people waiting for the bus, and luckly we got down early and were able to beat the rush.

I would definitly stay there again, as sleeping near the airport is always my preference when I have early flights for a vacation.

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank dctravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Dulles? Share your experiences!