“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bethel, Connecticut
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Traveled to DC for the Cherry Blossom festival and picked to stay at the Hyatt because the price was reasonable. It was very nice and clean, didn't have any problems at all. The atmosphere was nice and the staff was friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xsmiles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Morgantown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

In my view, this hotel does things better than Hilton or Marriott.. First, the Wi-Fi is FREE....the others charge for it. Second, they have the easiest check-in service in the business. Try it out. They have both the WSJ and the Washington Post/complimentary. We felt pampered...period.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank RayDog200
Dulles, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The hotel has a very relaxing atmosphere so whether you missed a flight or work related it is an easy place to stay. Excellent service to get back to airport...You'll find that you won't have to go search for a place to eat. The restaurants on site have excellent menus.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Chalfont, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had issues with mold on a comforter. The staff told me it was black feathers. I told them that is not possible since the mold was all over the seams. They sent another comforter to my room later that did not look the like it had the same mold, which leads me to my prior point; there was mold on the comforter. There was also a group of young kids staying on my floor and were loud and playing music all night. I complained to the front desk and they handled the situation on the first night, however on the second night of our stay I tried calling down to the front desk about noise again but could not get through to the front desk for quite some time. After numerous attempts I did get through to someone - I believe her name was Jennifer. She told me she could not speak and put me on hold. After sitting on hold for 7-10 minutes I hung up and called again. Jennifer attempted to put me on hold, however I told her absolutley not and told her about the issues i was having with noise. She cut me off several times during this conversation. I told her that she needs to wait until I finish. Sh said no and hung the phone up on me. In all my years of travel (I stay in hotels over 100 nights per year) I have never had a hotel staff member do this. After being hung up on I got dresssed and stormed down to the lobby. I had to wait at the desk for several minutes before speaking with Jennifer as she was the only one at the front desk and she was on the phone (apparently Kevin - the other staff member - was on other floors trying to handle numerous other noise complaints). Jennifer finally got off the phone and spoke to me. She said they were understaffed and very busy. She also told me that she does not have anyone who can handle the noise issue because they are on other floors. I asked her why she hung up on me and she told me that she had another customer on the other line. I told her that was unacceptable. I then told her that I would handle the noise issue myself. Which I did. I knocked on the door next to my room and explained to the people in there that it was way too loud and please lower the music and keep it down. Luckily they did and I was able to get back to sleep at 1am.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

2 Thank Eddie B
Paul K, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Dulles, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your review, please accept my sincerest apologies for the service and disruption you experienced during your stay. We value your feedback, and I would like inform you that this has been utilized in as a training topic. We pride ourselves in delivering excellent customer service, and we are disappointed in the fact you were not able to experience that while here. Again, please accept my apologies and if I can be of assistance to you at all, do not hesitate to contact me directly. We sincerely hope to have opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Ellon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Very convenient for travellers arriving late at IAD or if leaving early. Friendly atmosphere, professional service, good value for money, good food & high quality rooms. Convenient for Vienna Metro Station (20mins) allowing easy access to Smithsonian & The National Mall in DC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I booked this hotel on Hotels.com and it was excellent. The room was spacious, clean, free wi-fi and very comfortable bed. I enjoyed my stay and I will go again. The only downside is, it is really far away from downtown DC or any other tourist attraction if you decide to venture out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Westport, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I needed reasonably priced hotel in the Northern Virginia / Dulles area for a Friday / Saturday trip. The hotel is easy to see (it is the highest building in the area), but difficult to find. Ensconced in a corner of business park / apartment complex area, one really needs a GPS to find it.

The front office staff was friendly and helpful. The room was serviceable and well-appointed. I was at the end of the hall on the ninth floor … I did NOT experience noise (either internal … other customers) or external (airplane take-offs and landings) The restaurant was very good, and well-priced … compared with other hotel restaurants, I strongly recommend this one for its steaks.

And, as (or more) important, the quoted rate for the rooms was the best in the area BY FAR! Granted that it is in the burbs, but I would have expected a rate 2 to 2.5 times higher than what I was quoted.

So, convenient, great price, good food, good service … I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank WGibson648
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport

Been to Hyatt Regency Dulles? Share your experiences!