“Convenient with excellent service”

Hyatt Regency Dulles
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for business travel. Has airport shuttle. Excellent setting for business meetings and conferences. We came in from all parts of country and were very pleased with every facet of the stay. This hotel excels with business needs.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed October 8, 2013

It was my most terrible ever experience in any hotel, I was there for a alumni reunion at end of September , when I had breakfast, the waiter served me with a coffee cup which somebody have used and had a lipstick print on it, and since I have never ever expected such thing could happen in a Hyatt so unfortunately I used it, this is really a very disgusting experience, and after that I haven't even received any truly apologize from anyone , there are also some other ridiculous service I met too. so upon my experience I think the hotel is under a very poor management of service, it abused the name of Hyatt, it's a nightmare of guest.
And also what's funny is, we are supposed to have a group price with 150 guests together but what the sales department offered to our organizer is more than I found online after 2 days.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kris111111
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I'm glad that I chose this hotel when I had a missed connection at IAD. This is a good hotel for airport standards and the rooms have amenities a step above other airport locations of other brands. A nice touch was the amenity kit in the bathroom which included deodorant, toothpaste and razor among other things. Bathrobes are included in the rooms which was great for relaxing after a hectic day of flight delays and crowded flights. The king room could have been a mini-suite by other standards as it was broken up by a TV console and had a separate living area and desk. About twice the size of a regular hotel room. Beds were very comfortable and the hotel was very clean.
Hallway carpet was in bad shape and needs replacing or at least cleaning along with restretching as it was lumpy and coming up in places.
One thing that almost ruined the stay was that the airport shuttle didn't stop at the location and time that the hotel gave. I arrived 10 minutes early to the designated stop outside of baggage claim and after waiting 40 minutes, I finally had to go to 2nd location and call the hotel to make sure that the driver would stop at this one. The drivers must be contracted by the hotels as there wasn't any kind of customer service associated with this part of the trip. The hotel staff on the other hand was great.

Room Tip: Be sure and go to the 2nd location all the way to the right outside of baggage claim for the hotel s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joe R
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Kevin who was working the front desk made us feel welcomed the moment we walked in. As we walked up to the counter he greeted us with a warm smile and inquired on how our day was coming along. Due to our status, we were upgraded to a 'Pure Suite' and was very pleased with the room. As we stepped into our room, the first thing we noticed was the room had a scent reminiscent of laundry that has just been washed. We then realized that the name 'Pure Suite' is due to the suite having an air purifier. This was definitely a plus in our books. There's a sitting area with a loveseat and an occasional chair and in the corner is a writing desk that also holds the mini coffee maker. I wish the bathroom was a little larger but regardless of that, this room was perfect for the two of us. We look forward to returning soon. Kudo's to Kevin for his warm greeting and pleasant personality which was the start of a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Traveled to Europe for two weeks, and left our car at the Hyatt during the trip. On our return, late at night, we arrived to a clean quiet room with no hassle. For little more than the cost of a room, we received covered parking for our car for two weeks, and a room waiting for us on our return. A pretty good deal. Staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just came back home from a weekend in DC, Herndon VA, to be exact and had a fantastic time at the Dulles Hyatt. Service was great, clean room, quiet room, great bed. Only drawback was the poor reception of the TV and the very limited amount of stations - unless you wanted to spend $17 for a paid movie. But we weren't there to watch TV. Juliette at the front desk was a jewel, or should I say "angel". Her professionalism, friendliness and thoughtfulness went above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you Juliette and I hope you see this review. The breakfast buffet was a little steep at $19 plus tax and tip but it was very good. I would recommend getting the bed and breakfast package to save some money. We actually went to a different web site to get a better package deal than the Hyatt reservation site and got the breakfast for two for only $10 more for the both of us - good deal. Nice location and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert_HJ781AW
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had expected more from a HYATT Hotel, but maybe one just cant compare the US based HYATT hotels with what they are in Europe or Asia.

The whole place is a bit worn out. What I did not understand and it really bothered me is that the hallways were cooled down to chiller temperatures despite not beeing too warm outside. What about the environment guys?

Nevertheless, the staff was extremely freindly and helpfull and if you are looking for an airport hotel in DC and you dont plan to spend your honeymoon here then I can recommend the HYATT Dulles

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Dulles? Share your experiences!