“Great Value close to Dulles”

Hyatt Regency Dulles
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Value close to Dulles”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel by chance. I was given a voucher by my airline as they had me miss a connection in Dulles. I don't know the actual rates of the hotel but the voucher was less than $100 and I got a great bedroom with nice sitting area. Everything was great (but for the absence of my suitcase). Several people mention paper-thin walls, but that did not strike me as a major concern. Nor do I find that the hotel is run down and in need of repair. And I certainly know plenty of hotels that do... Breakfast was not part of the package though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2013

In town over Memorial Day for a wedding. Stayed at the Hyatt Dulles. This hotel is in need of renovation. The facility is tired and in need of a facelift. Desk staff could be a little more helpful. If this hotel has bell staff, they were not in evidence. Next trip the District/Northern Virginia area will definitely not include a stay at this hotel. The web site also need updating and clarification. Misleading as to amenities provided. Housekeeping and wait staff were great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RonaldF716
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Dulles, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I was disappointed to read your recent review on TripAdvisor and I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay here at our Northern Virginia hotel. I will definitely pass along the feedback that you provided regarding our Front Desk and Guest Service staff. Regarding our hotel needing a renovation, we are very excited to be planning a guest room renovation for the beginning of 2013! Beautiful things will be happening at the Hyatt Dulles. We did just change our website, but all of our services and amenities are up to date. I'm curious as to what you found misleading. We do hope you will visit us again and give us another try the next time you are in the area.

Best Regards,
satishseh@gmail.com
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a chance to stay at this hotel over this memorial day Holiday weekend. Property is located near to Dulles Airport and is situated in serene Dulles Corner. Rooms are smartly appointed with king size beds, a nice sitting area with a comfortable working desk. Sitting and sleeping area is divided with a rotating large flat screen TV. Bathroom are nice and clean and the view from 10th Floor was great.

Hotel has two dining restaurants and a great lobby bar to relax. The restaurants churns out great food even though little pricey but looking at the quality it is a good value for then money.

Check and check out was smooth and we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dartford
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night with my 18 month old son to recover after our flight from the UK, before heading further into Virginia.
We cannot fault the service we received. The staff were friendly, professional & eager to help. We had requested a crib but had to ask for it to be put in our room on arrival, however it arrived quickly & with some baby toiletries that certainly came in useful on the rest of the trip.
The room was lovely & spacious with modern fittings and it was the perfect place to relax for a night.
The only slight negatives (which did not really impact on our enjoyment) were we had wanted to use the pool with my son but it did not open until 5pm which was too late for us & the other guests were mainly business people, which often made it feel like we were disturbing them when we were using the breakfast area & bar as my son is prone to making loud noises!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Check in was a breeze. Location for my work was perfect. Comfortable beds and was quite for the airport location. Great use of space in the smaller bathroom. Love Hyatt's soaps and shampoos. Nice size TV's with good picture and pretty decor in room and all of hotel. Friendly staff and excellent options for quick chekc out. Can't really find anything to complain about with my stay. Will definetly come back in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked this place to visit family. We definitely couldn't beat the location as far as convenience. The room layout was a little strange, with the TV being used as a room divider and the bathroom immediately next to the bed.
Pros:
- Quiet
- Location/Convenience
- Speedy check-in
- Onsite restaurant
Cons:
- Not the most comfortable bed
- Rooms are kind of cramped
- Onsite restaurant was rather pricey for breakfast
- Parking spots were hard to come by late at night
- Very late maid service -- our room wasn't clean until after 5 p.m.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Dulles, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the recent review you posted on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you detailing out the items you enjoyed about our property and the items that you found challenging. We will definitely take the feedback you provided to improve our hotel and better our guest's experiences.

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Check-in was wonderful. They were very nice and my friend and I were placed in adjacent rooms. The room was lovely, but we had to walk through squishy wet carpet to get to our rooms. There was first a very loud dryer running, but then it was turned off. The standing water down the hall extended approximately five feet, and you couldn't avoid it. Sometime during the night I was bitten by something, likely a spider, according to the swelling and pattern of discoloration. Very distressing. The nice room, comfortable bed, cleanliness do not compensate for the pain I am feeling right now, nor for walking through an extended puddle of water just to get to my room.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SuzanneM221
Please accept my apologies about your recent stay at the Hyatt Dulles. Please know that what you experienced during your stay with us is not acceptable nor the norm. Unfortunately we had a pipe burst last week, which did cause water damage in two of our guest floor hallways. We did our best to mitigate the damage, but we were not able fix the problem completely until the following day. I am truly sorry that you had to experience the water leak while you were here. It is completely fixed now, I hope that you will come back and visit us again.

Best Regards,
Melanie Walent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport

Been to Hyatt Regency Dulles? Share your experiences!