“One of the best meeting hotels I have stayed at” 5 of 5 stars

Hyatt Regency Dulles
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, NC
“One of the best meeting hotels I have stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

With its close proximity to Dulles, friendly service, and great guest rooms (standard Hyatt jr suite) the Dulles Hyatt is a fantastic property.

I am here for meetings and the staff knows how to run a conference center. From the conference room with ergonomic comfortable chairs that are rated for hours of comfortable sitting to the all day snacks and restaurant lunch service I would feel comfortable booking meetings of any size at this property.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank BigTravelingMan
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Dulles, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We take great pride in our Northern Virginia Executive Meeting Center. I was so pleased to learn that you enjoyed the amenities and food & beverage that we offer to all our meeting attendees here at Hyatt Dulles. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.

Melanie Walent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

After a long travel day filled with delays and cancellations at the airport we missed our international flight to germany. It was midnight when I booked a room at the hyatt with maile ( sp?) she informed us free hotel shuttle ran til 12:30. Luckily we made it just in time! Maile greeted us with a smile and gave us a very nice room at a great rate to include a late checkout since our flight didn't leave til 6pm the next day. So we were tired, starving and thirsty. Unfortunately, no food is being served and bar is closed. We dropped our luggage off in room and went looking for bottled water. We noticed bartender cleaning up and asked if we could get a couple drinks. He initially said sorry sir we've been closed for an hour. However, as we walked away he called us back and said he'd let us buy bottle beer!! Wow, service at a late hour when he was trying to head home. The next morning I realized I only brought my 220 flat iron and it wouldn't work in room... Turns out hyatt had a brand new flat iron in package they let me borrow! Again awesome! We headed to breakfast in their restaurant and met jimmy. Jimmy noticed I wasn't really feeling the huge breakfast buffet my husband had and I kinda just wanted a BLT sandwich. He said I will have kitchen make you whatever you want. He brought out the most beautiful platter with everything I needed to build my little sandwich. It was delicious and I couldn't of thanked him more. Above and beyond good service. I wanted to highlight my experience with the hyatt Dulles because service simply doesn't happen nowadays. Hyatt employees made a rather crappy day feel alittle better. Thank you hyatt! Would stay here again. Ps. Heard no planes and rooms were tasteful and clean. Ours even had a nice little sitting area with couch and desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Hyatt Dulles. We were thrilled to read about your stay and the great service you recieved from our associates! We will make sure to recognize each associate that you spoke about. I was also excited to learn that you were able to take advantage of our new "Hyatt Has It" program with one of our new flat irons. We hope one day your travel plans will bring you back to Northern Virginia and the Hyatt Dulles.

Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We flew into Dulles and stayed here for a few nights. The shuttle between the airport and hotel runs every 30 minutes and was always right on time. The hotel was very nice. We were pleased with our room, and heard no noise from anything. The bed was very comfortable. Our room package came with Internet and breakfast. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. I don't know if you can book a room without the free breakfast, but if you can - watch out. The buffet regular price is $19. As fantastic as it was, it's not worth that. There is an indoor pool with hot tub and a nice looking fitness room. The pool area is functional - nothing fancy or romantic, especially with the life guard on duty, but the hotel can't help that - apparently it's state law.

There were only a few things that were not excellent. They did not detract from our stay, but offered just as constructive feedback for management. 1) My husband likes to sleep colder than I do. The bed covering/duvet was very lightweight - hardly more than a doubled sheet. There was no extra blanket in the closet which would have been nice for me as I got a little cold. 2) We ran out of kleenex the first few minutes we were in there - it obviously was not a new box - only a few tissues left. There was no replacement box in the room for us to use. When housekeeping came the next day, instead of replacing the empty one in its holder under the sink, they just left the new box on the counter and we had to crawl under the sink and replace it ourselves. We thought it was lazy and unprofessional. They also left used drinking glasses where we left them. When you've been gone all day sightseeing, you expect clean glasses as we don't remember who left their glass where. 3) The carpet was coming up in the hallway - you could see the seams and it didn't lay flat. Just something you don't expect to see in a nice hotel.

The hotel is not near a metro stop, nor are there any restaurants or shopping within walking distance. So, you are isolated, if that is a concern. It is at least 30 minutes away from downtown and the typical tourist sites. You could take a taxi to the metro station to get downtown. There is another Hyatt up the highway a couple of exits that is part of Reston Town Center with lots of shops/restaurants that might be a better choice if you want places to walk to. I don't know anything about that hotel itself.

Overall, if you have business in the area or want a hotel near the airport, I would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Dulles, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of our Northern Virginia hotel. I appreciate how detailed your feedback was and I will follow-up with each department to address the valid concerns that you brought up. We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule and we hope that you will return to stay at our hotel in the near future.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great large beds with very comfortable mattress and pillows along with Black out curtains made for the best nights sleep in years. Close enough to the airport without all the noise so great choice.
Looking forward to my next stay on Wednesday

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
I was so happy to learn that you enjoyed our Hyatt Grand bed during your recent stay with us. We are close to the Dulles International Airport, but you wouldn't know it inside the hotel. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your next stay with us.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend Hyatt dulles. Shuttle service is prompt and Miguel was professional and helpful. Kate was pleasant and gave excellent suggestions for dinner options in the hotel. My mom enjoyed interacting with Melia as she was helpful. The restaurant is a little expensive for breakfast but we enjoyed our server Jimmy. Anytime we travel to Dulles Airport we stay at Hyatt Dulles and we leave satisfied.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the glowing review you posted on TripAdvisor. I was so excited to learn about all the associates that made your stay exceptional! I have reached out to all of them and personally thanked them for taking such great care of you. We hope you'll stay with us again on your next visit to the Northern Virginia area.

Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

A nice modern hotel close to Dulles and very convenient to business in the area. The rooms are large, clean and well appointed. Very close to the businesses in the area and good restaurants. Hotel bar is a great place to decompress or debrief from the day. The hotel convenience store is very limited though. Minimal plane noise from the nearby airport.

Room Tip: The side away from the airport is preferable, but noise isn't bad on either side.