WINNER WONDERLAND

Hyatt Regency Dulles
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Osprey, Florida
“Very nice hotel; free parking, friendly bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

The rooms are large, clean, quiet and comfortable. We got in late, and spent 2 days at a business conference in the business center area. All in all, well staffed, food is good, and would not hesitate to come back. FWIW, no restaurants in walking distance, but several are just a few miles away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Dulles, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Hyatt Dulles. We are excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in Northern Virginia.

Best Regards,
Melanie Walent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ocean Pines, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights both for business and before a leisure trip. As a diamond, was upgraded to a respire room--specially arranged to be beneficial for those with allergies; as I have allergies particularly to dust mites, I could feel a benefit. Included with our stay were buffet breakfasts each morning and we appreciated the large variety of selections. I needed to use the business center and was very pleased with the facilities including high speed printing.

We are planning to stay again at this great hotel

Room Tip: Hotel is quiet; if you have allergies try a respire room
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Dulles, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind words in your recent review of our Nothern Virginia hotel. I was especially happy to see that you enjoyed our PURE / Respire by Hyatt guest rooms. Not only do our rooms have a medical grade HEPA filter in the room, but they have also gone through a comprehensive 6 step cleaning process that creates an environment that is 98% allergy-free. All Hyatt Hotels have these types of guest rooms, so we hope you will try them again the next time you are traveling. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Dulles on your next trip!

Best Regards,
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel was a great value the weekend my husband and I decided to stay here to go vineyard hopping in Northern Virginia/Loudon County. The room had a great view of the airport and the mountains beyond (but mostly the traffic on the road to the airport). The room and bed were very comfortable. We like Hyatt hotels because the are consistently attractive and clean. Each room has it's own programmable thermostat. The large TV swivels so you can watch in bed or in the suite area where there is a sofa and desk. We ate breakfast both mornings in the hotel restaurant. The staff was better than many 5 star restaurants. They were attentive and very helpful. The pool and jacuzzi area are only open weeknights but all day weekends.

Room Tip: West facing rooms overlook Dulles airport, Dulles access road and the mountains beyond. East facing...
1 Thank lovetotravel560
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Dulles, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for recently writing a review about our Northern Virginia hotel on TripAdvisor. I was excited to learn that you stayed with us when you were visiting the nearby area wineries. We appreciate the feedback that you provided and I'll definitely pass along your great remarks about the service you recieved in our Elements restaurant to the servers that assisted you.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Several passengers arrived together on the hotel's convenient shuttle from IAD.
There were three desks in the lobby but NO signs and NO personnel. Where is the check-in?
There were similar lack of signs for the Concierge Desk and for the Business Center (which was very well equipped). My advice to Hyatt: Spring for a few signs to help your customers find their way around.

Our room was very comfortable but it had neither a safe nor a refrigerator.

Finally, walls were so thin that we could clearly hear the TV next door until 2:00 am, even though it was NOT blaring.

Room Tip: Be advised that this hotel is in an area isolated from restaurants, bars and shopping.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Artie51
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We missed our flight due to enormous security lines at Washington Dulles Intl. Airport. Normally it would take about 30-60 minutes to clear through immigration, customs and the extra security check (international flight), but on a Saturday it took us over 2 hours, which was way too long to reach our connecting flight. The last flight out of Dulles Airport was full, so we had to stay there instead of Florida. We picked Hyatt, which was an excellent choice. Nice room, very comfortable bed (better than we had in a villa in Florida) and large 37" TV (I think it was 37"). Bathroom was a little bit simple, but everything was provided. Overall a good hotel to stay if you miss your flight or if you are on a business trip. In the morning the breakfast is a la carte and in buffet style. In my oppinion the prices at the breakfast were a little bit overpriced, but I don't know the prices of the other hotels in this area.

Only one suggestion for the person at the reception;
When I called them to ask for a shuttle, I was told to wait at 'Door 2A or 2H'. At Dulles Airport you have about 6 doors, but no A to H. I waited 30 minutes in the snow (without proper winter clothes, because we were heading for Florida), but it had to be 'curb 2H', which you can reach by going to Door 6, cross the street and then see Curb 2.

I wasn't the only one waiting there, a pilot waited for the Westin, they told him 'Door 2' too. So might be a common error to make?

Still miss that heavenly bed!
If I might miss a flight again, I now know at least one good hotel to stay.

1 Thank TheDutchOne
Haleiwa, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at this airport hotel for one night after arriving from Hawaii and connecting the next day to Africa.
I am sure many guests come from all over the world and have a sense of time not necessary Eastern Standard. This is at Washington International Airport- a major international airline gateway. A hotel like this should operate as a 24h operation with restaurants operating around the clock - not here.

What can be better than jumping in a nice heated indoor pool before a long flight in the morning - not here.

The pool hours are from 5pm to 10 pm, and longer on weekends.
I managed to use the pool - it was great - the water was warm and still refreshing. The hotel blamed the cost to have a life guard on duty and told me upper management is mandating the 5 hour per day opening.

The rooms were nice and complete. I was however surprised to be charged $5.00 for a small bottle of still water. I am a Diamond member at Hyatt and did not think they would penalize loyalty like this.

Before I arrived I lost my credit cards and used a small limit back up card. The hotel charged my $240.00 room rate PLUS they kept another $240.00 for more than 10 days. I called the hotel to release the hold, and was quiet arrogantly told the hotel was not in China but in the US - and to keep the money for 10 days was just their policy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank eTurboNews
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Rooms are clean and very spacious. Service at front desk is good, though it annoys me that I always have to look for a bellhop if i stash my bag for the day. Breakfast buffet is much better than at value chains, even if its not fancy. Gym is new and clean but not huge. Room service food is only okay. Obviously very very convenient to the airport

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport

Been to Hyatt Regency Dulles? Share your experiences!