“A pleasant and accommodating stay!”

Washington Dulles Marriott Suites
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Raleigh, NC
“A pleasant and accommodating stay!”
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed over in Herndon for a night to attend a musical event. We had the alternative option of getting a really cheap Comfort Inn room, but I opted for the Marriott as it looked like a nicer, more luxurious place to stay. The price was reasonable — $71 a night with my AAA discount. We were in a king bed suite so that seemed like an awfully low price. The only bad part about it was that they charged you $13 for (wired) internet access, whereas at most hotels these days WiFi is free.

The service was great too — honestly some of the nicest and most helpful hotel employees I've dealt with. For example, when I called the front desk with a question about the festival I was attending, they insisted upon making the calls for me instead of just giving me a number.

In sum, the facilities were great, the room was beautiful, and the 3rd floor pool was awesome. I'd definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We spent our last night in the DC area at the Marriott Suites. The hotel is only 3-4 miles to the Dulles International airport and there is 24 hour shuttle service. We were exceptionally pleased with the comfort of this hotel as well as the microwave and kitchen utilities that were provided. The shuttle driver told us the hotel was 10 years old, but the building and rooms appeared to be brand new. There is a full scale sit-down restaurant that would satisfy most any taste, a full bar, room service, and a "pantry" where one may buy drugstore-like items. Peronnel were exceptionally helpful and cordial. The best part was the extremely easy on the wallet $74/nightly weekend rate (Thurs.-Sun). We would recommend this hotel to most anyone looking for an upscale, tasteful, meticulously clean hotel in close proximity to the Dulles Airport.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maltasr
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Typically, when traveling, my fiance and I stay at 4 and 5 star hotels, however for a quick visit with friends in the Reston, VA area, we felt like this hotel would be a good choice since all we really needed was somewhere to sleep. This hotel was a fanastic value for our rate of $89 per night. Since this is primarily a "business" hotel, staying here over a weekend to visit friends in the area, was the perfect way to secure lower rates. The room was spacious and clean. We particularly liked the separation between the bedroom and living area. The bathroom was spacious for a hotel of this type, with the vanity in a separate "hall" between the bathroom and bedroom. There is also a "wet bar" in the living area which we utilized for extra counter space (mainly my hairdryer, brushes and make up - which never quite fits in a standard bathroom). The bed was comfortable but the pillows were very "lumpy" and gave both me and my fiance, stiff necks the second night. Since breakfast was included in the rate, we were pleasantly surprised on Sunday morning to be greeted with a full buffet downstairs including; cook to order egg station, meats, cereals, fruit, juices etc. Since our rate included breakfast, we paid nothing for a breakfast that would have cost us at least $40 at any other hotel / restaurant. Service and food were both great. The front desk was very helpful and friendly when I inquired about a safe. There are no in-room safes, however the front desk does have some that you can use where you get the key and can access anytime during your stay. While I fully intended to use the indoor pool, I never made it since we were out both days. Overall, a great stay for us - we would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Sunday's Buffet Breakfast included in our rate
  • Disliked — Lumpy pillows
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank styletraveler1967
Houston, TX
Reviewed January 20, 2009

This is the 3rd DC-area Marriott hotel I've stayed at over the past few weeks. I have to confess I don't understand why the DC areas Marriotts have the worst fitness centers I've ever seen at a Marriott. Otherwise, this particular property is pretty decent - rooms are nice and spacious - however, there are just those little things that are lacking - for example, the TV is not a flat panel (odd for a rather newly appointed room), the towels are substandard, the heating system difficult to work with, and internet access is not only just wired, but has a very small ethernet cable - so one is forced to sit at the table. This hotel doesn't have concierge service - not sure if this is the norm at Marriott Suites properties. But I do miss it. Luckily there are plenty of eateries just outside the hotel.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Covington, GA
Reviewed September 9, 2008

We recently stayed at the Marriott Suites Dulles Airport for a family vacation to the DC area. Keeping track of the rates months before our arrival, I managed to get a good rate ($99) that included breakfast. We actually booked two reservations because we took some time to visit NYC in-between stays and got the same rate for each booking. Just a couple of miles from Dulles, so the hotel was convenient. It’s part of the WorldGate Center, which is like a strip mall of sorts, so there were several convenient restaurants, shops and services right downstairs. There were also decent restaurants nearby. It took only about 20 minutes to drive to DC on a good day. Located on a toll road, so be prepared to pay toll(s) (50 – 75 cents).

Traveling as a family of four, the rooms are all suites, which was perfect for us. The bedroom is a little tight in space, but very clean, modern, and the beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms were clean and accessible from two entrances. The sitting area was slightly larger, but somewhat cramped when using the pull-out sofa bed. It also contained a small fridge, microwave, coffee area, and sink. Didn’t like having to pay $9.95 (per 24-hour period) for Internet access. The breakfast buffet was good and plentiful. Lots of choices, including made-to-order omelets. The hotel staff was very friendly, courteous and accommodating. (our departing flights were during the recent hurricane Gustav, which created some heavy downpours and winds at Dulles. When I inquired at the front desk about the possibility of our flights being cancelled and staying an additional night, I was told that they would honor our existing rate…not bad!) The hotel even offers a pc station for free access to airline websites to check-in online and print boarding passing prior to your flight.

I would definitely recommend this hotel (especially if you can get a room rate for under $100 per night).

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Cov Traveler
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I've stayed at this Marriott at least 6 times and it is simply a great hotel. Parking is easy, the rooms are large and there are a number of eating choices right outside the hotel doorstep. It's just down the road from Dulles and not all that far from downtown DC to make it a great choice if you have a DC layover or want a base for touring DC that will probably be much cheaper than anything comparable in the district. I go there for business meetings and I'm sure I'll be staying there a number of times in the future.

• Liked — Location and quality of room
  • Disliked — It is a 20-25 minute drive to the District
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Wrightwood, California
Reviewed August 3, 2008

This is a convieniently located hotel in a business park/shopping area. Movie theaters and restaurants are within walking distance (less than 5 minutes). All the rooms are suites but ours did not have any flat screen TVs as you see on the website.

The only disappoining thing is that the hotel charges for internet access. Totally unacceptable.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of free internet access
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Been to Washington Dulles Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!