“A Pleasant stay”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Orlando, Fl
“A Pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

Stay at this hotel with the family during the Fouth of July weekend. We stay in a suite, room 927. The whole family loved it. Dad enjoyed the desk with internet access. Daughter enjoyed the sofabed with its own TV and the indoor pool of course. Mom and baby relaxed in the comfy bed after a long day of tours. The staff were very nice. A bit of a drive to washington DC(about 30-40 min) but not to far from the Metro if one prefers not to drive. This family reccomends this hotel anyday.

• Liked — The separate areas with the Bedroom and Living room divided and the large comfy bed.
  • Disliked — Had to pay for the Internet connection.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Glenside, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2008

I stayed here along with the rest of a film crew, so we pretty much took over the place.
Very small lobby and bar although there were lots of tables in the restaurant off the bar area. Seems like they should have a larger bar and smaller restaurant, since that was the busier place. Bartender was okay. I felt a distinct chilliness from him every time he made contact with me, which was palpable, and infrequent. He was friendly and accommodating to others, but me, he didn't like for some reason.
The suite was small but very comfortable. The bed was great. A king size nest to dig into and sleep a good sleep. I don't mind a soft bed, although I heard from others that they found the bed too soft. Decent soaps and shampoos - plenty of pretty good quality towels.
Basic tv, $9.95 internet that is spotty at best.
I ordered room service late one night because I was starving and had a really, seriously good crab cake appetizer. I ate everything on the tray, which was very nicely presented, with warm rolls, plenty of butter, a glass of iced water, big cloth napkin and nice heavyweight flatware.
Unfortunately, I had placed a breakfast order for the following morning too early and was awakened from a dead sleep by room service. I was still so full from the previous night's food that I couldn't eat a bite of what looked like beautiful crunchy french toast topped with perfectly fresh bananas and strawberries. What a shame. I wished, 3 hours later, while driving north on 95, when I got hungry again, that I had taken it down to get it to go.
I had other things to eat at the bar and all was good, so have to say it has an excellent kitchen.
The location is kind of weird in that it's situated in a big shopping complex and fitness center. It is surrounded by little shops and a myriad of small restaurants with a big variety of international cuisines and a good old TGIFriday. There IS a Starbucks that opens very early and is very convenient .
I drove past the entrance to the hotel twice and had to make a convoluted series of u turns to get back to it. Even with GPS, I got all turned around. The first sign is tiny and easily missed and then all you see is Worldgate Plaza. Maybe I'm a nitwit but it seemed less than obvious to get to the front door.
Plenty of underground parking that has security around. I left my car down there for two days and all was well. Once I figured out the maneuvers, I got in and out okay, but even the way the underground lot is laid out is confusing.
Compared to the dumpy Courtyard Marriott Allentown/Bethlehem, where I stayed the previous 3 nights and for only $20 more a night, it was like night and day.
Very easy access to Udvar Hazy, which is a way cool aviation museum and I was lucky to have experienced working there as part of the first film crew to ever shoot there.

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — the bartender - not naming names
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank visualgirl
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2008

Good comfortable hotel, probably the best option in Herndon. The rooms were spacious and clean.

• Liked — Comfortable hotel located near the shopping outlets
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2008

Our trip consisted of 4 nights stay at 2 different hotel. Our main objective was to visit the very large Smithsonian Air Museum (Udvar Hazy) near Dulles Airport and to visit downtown Washington DC sites, therefore we split our stay between Marriott Suites Dulles and Fairmont in downtown DC. We received great value for the price we paid of $ 99 during weekend days which included the breakfast buffet. If you are staying during a weekend the prices are terrific value.
This is an excellent hotel if you want to visit Udvar Hazy Smithsonian Air Museum which you can spend the entire day (absolutely outstanding air and space museum)....and also if you are just arriving from Dulles Airport and need to stay close to the airport. They have a free shuttle service from the airport. I called the hotel directly who provided me with exact direction as to where to meet the shuttle. They also have free shuttle service to and from the Udvar Hazy Smithsonian Air Museum, you just need to make a reservation when you arrive. The staff was professional and efficient at the front desk. We did not have to wait long. The hotel is situated next to several restaurants (TGIF, Japanese, Indian, Middle Eastern, also there were fast food places also) and I think there was also a cinema theatre near by. The room was fantastic. We very much enjoyed the lay out of the room with the living room separate from the bedroom. The beds were very comfortable and we slept very well. I loved the orange scents of the shampoos, lotions, soaps. The maids did a great job in cleaning and restocking the soaps, lotions, etc. The bathroom was well laid out with the toilett separate from the tub/shower area. The living room has a small bar area with fridgerator, microwave, and sink. The breakfast buffet was terrific with lots of choices and cooked to order eggs and omelettes. The breakfast waiters were very efficent in serving you and friendly. We felt very comfortable in this hotel. When we needed to transfer to go to WA downtown DC we walked acrosss the street (the bus stop was in front of the Wendy's across the street) and took a bus which took you to the metro station and from the metro station took the metro to downtown DC. Overall for the price we paid it was an excellent value. When returning to DC we will certainly stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

We were there for one very quick night between flights. I wished we could have stayed longer, the suite was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bed was wonderful, I didn't want to get up the next morning. Hotel has a free shuttle to/from airport which was great at 6 am.

Would definitely recommend.

• Liked — Cleanliness, comfortable and close to airport
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2008

We first found this place on a trip to D.C. in September. We really liked the location and beds, so on a last minutes trip to Virginia, we decided to check it out again.

I have to agree about the staff, but not just at the hotel. Marriott really needs to overhaul their employee training. I tried to find out rates by calling the hotel locally. They passed me on to central reservations. When I called the hotel personally again and asked to speak to LOCAL reservations, the desk clerk assisted me. However, she debated me regarding the room rate and was not willing to negotiate, and balked when I asked to speak to a supervisor. The central reservationist also needed customer training. She was not clear regarding the room rates and wanted to argue on the phone. It was all so annoying I ended up booking a night with a Hampton instead.

But that aside, I still really like this hotel. At check-in, the clerk was a little inexperienced, but tried hard to please. I asked to look over the room before being checked in. She pleasantly accommodated me, but forgot a few times to rekey the key card.

Our room was very comfortable - pillowtop mattress with plenty of pillows. The bedroom area is pretty small - they make up for that with the "suite" area. The suite is not large, but it is an addition to the usual hotel room. There is a bar area - bar sink, coffee maker, and small refrigerator, but no microwave. A second TV is in the suite area with a couch, coffee table, and desk.

This stay the bar and resturant was finished (they were remodeling when we were there in September). We ordered from the bar the one evening and were pleased with our choices - club sandwiches and appetizers we took to our room. I felt bad for the waiteresses - seems the customer ahead of me demanded a certain beer. But since only two women were on duty and it took two of them to bring the keg upstairs, they couldn't leave the area to get it for her. They tried to make amends by offering her a free beer, but she gave them a tongue lashing.

We also ordered room service via the hanging card on the room door for the next morning. Everything was hot and tasted good. So despite some employee issues, we still had a nice stay and I would recommended this hotel. There are plenty of restuarants nearby. It is conveniently located near a toll road that can get you to D.C. in about 30-40 minutes. It's maybe 15 minutes from the Leesburg Outlet Mall (with a Restoration Hardward outlet and Pottery Barn outlet), and very close to the interesting Air and Space Musuem located in Chantilly.

• Liked — Pillowtop matteresses good location
  • Disliked — Marriott staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2008

I'm by no means one of those uber-travelers who stay in "200+ hotels/year", but I come to Herndon at least 15-times per year and this hotel is ALWAYS my first choice. It's one of the closest hotels to Dulles airport, parking is never a problem. I've never once had any problems with the staff. It's in the Worldgate Centre with a 9-screen movie theater, over a dozen places to eat, a state-of-the-art fitness center (not part of the hotel), a grocery store within walking distance, basically everything a traveler could possibly need within a half-mile of the property. The only thing I personally wish they would do is update the TV's to larger flat screens AND offer free internet.

• Liked — Large comfortable rooms, indoor parking, large restaurant selection nearby
  • Disliked — $10/day for internet service
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
#5 of 20 in Herndon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,090 reviews
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Been to Washington Dulles Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!