“Great Hotel, Great Value!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Herndon Reston

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Herndon Reston
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“Great Hotel, Great Value!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Nice place.....clean and no issues!! Minor complaint, put the TV in front of the bed!!

Thank you.

(I would stay here again.)

• Stayed December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

This was my second stay at the Courtyard Herndon Reston in a month's time. My first stay was great, so I returned for another when business had me back down in the area. The lobby is a newer design with their Bistro service; pretty decent breakfast selections.
The hotel staff is pleasant and more than eager to assist, best customer service I have seen in years!
Most importantly, the rooms were reasonably quiet, no ventilation noises, A/C etc were all fairly quiet.
We will be returning to the area, and we will book this property again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NHdaytripper
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Pleasant hotel in the middle of nowhere!!!
There are no restaurants or coffee shops nearby, and you are at the mercy of the eatery provided by the hotel.
"Complimentary coffee" is horrible and lukewarm!

Room Tip: Rooms on front side of hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

I've stayed at a few Courtyards before. This one is on par with the others. Its clean, carries the necessary amenities, not to noisy. Nice new tv, but the decor is a bit tired. Good water pressure, although my second morning's shower was only warm. Worst part of the room are the towels and linens. They are so thin you can see through them and they are rough. Bedding was very comfortable. Good WiFi service.

Lobby was really different than others - took a while to get used to, but ultimately I liked it. They also seem to have subbed out the breakfast to Starbucks and its now cooked to order. The breakfast was included in my room charge, but it was never clear what exactly I could have. Day one, my companions and I had fruit, juice, coffee or tea, french toast or oatmeal. Day two, you could not get juice with coffee, or fruit with oatmeal. Just one liquid and one solid. While the meal was very good, since it was cooked to order and served to you, it came out quite slow. I wish they would go back to the old buffet, serve yourself style as we did not need the 20 minute wait to get our coffees and 30 minute wait for our meal.

I was not able to enjoy the pool or hot tub as the hours they are open are restricted.

Other than the second day's breakfast taking too long, service was very good.

Overall, for the value, I recommend this hotel. Its a nice mid-range hotel - not luxurious by any means, but not scary either.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

Decided at the last minute to zip to DC and check out the MLK monument. The weather forecast is that conditions would be good. Not quite! The Baltimore flight I booked was delayed twice because of a mechanical issue. Switched to a DC flight and it was delayed. Got to the city and the weather was overcast. It was great to see all those who'd come to see the monument though. It was magnificent.

However, I procrastinated around Baltimore too long and missed my flight home at 6pm. Always having my emergency backpack I proceeded to look for a hotel near National Airport. The prices even with help from hotels.com, expedia.com and the like were outrageous. Even the bad hotels werde expensive. So I bounced around the Beltway from Baltimore to Fairfax looking for something reasonable. Two hotels at $79 in Fairfax did not give me a comfortable vibe. So after two hours of driving and searching I settled for this one, which I'd seen on the hotels.com website.

I am pleasantly surprised.

Location: It is a good three miles or more from Dulles Airport in an office park environment, which was very quiet since this is a weekend. Other hotels are within two blocks of it, but I saw only one major restaurant. It is still more than 30 minutes from my outbound airport, National.

Outside: The front of the building and the grounds are well kept.

The Lobby: It kind of blew me away for it wasn't your standard fare. It was kind of art deco with a front desk that looked like it was on a pedestal. It had vibrant colors and was very pleasing.

The Staff: A young woman about 28 years old was very friendly and cheerful, even at 1000pm, when I checked in. She provided that matched what I saw in hotels.com (around $80).

Bed: Nice and big was a little bit plush, not on the level though of some premium properties.

The furnishing was decent and office and entertainment desk had the look of expensive cherry wood.

The room was well lit, the carpet was in good condition. The bottom line is though it wasn't my idea of a bargain, I'd gladly stay here again. It ended a day well that didn't start out too well.

Took photos, but too tired (6am flight) to insert them now.

Room Tip: Never get a room close to the elevators or the housekeeping supply closet
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Lifetraveler1
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

This Courtyard is fine. The lobby area is the upgraded Courtyard model, but my guestroom was a bit run down and smelled like cigarettes and the gym was a bit old. Breakfast isn't included at this Courtyard either.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

My Mom and I stayed at this Courtyard to attend the Tim McGraw concert at Jiffy Lube Live. We had a room with two queen size beds, a large bathroom with a really nice shower. The A/C kept the room a cool even temperature and the room was very clean. We checked in and went to our room and encountered a problem with the toilet so I called the front desk right away and asked if they could send maintenance up to fix it. (Nothing major, the toilet wouldn’t stop running after it was flushed.) They said they would have maintenance come and fix it but in the meanwhile if we hadn’t unpacked, we could move to another room. Within 2 minutes, the man from the front desk arrived at our door with a key to the next room and also gave us a credit for their “bistro” for breakfast in the morning. (We were able to get scrambled eggs, bacon and toast and it was delicious. The best food I’ve ever eaten in a hotel – the eggs were not runny and the bacon was crispy.) The indoor pool was big and actually warm and the hot tub was relaxing. They also had a lifeguard on duty at the pool and he was very charming. The location was nice and convenient to restaurants and shopping, though I don’t know if anything was within walking distance because we like to explore. Parking was sufficient and the hotel was quiet even though there were some sports teams staying for the weekend. All of the staff that I encountered were very pleasant. We had a great stay and I’d stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#11 of 20 in Herndon
Hyatt Regency Reston
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Westin Reston Heights

Been to Courtyard Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!