“They always have something I like!”
Review of Houlihan's

Houlihan's
Reserve with OpenTable
Houlihan's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 225 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whatever your food mood or lifestyle needs, Houlihan's Herndon menu is flexible, with bold flavors, lighter bites, classics, organic and vegetarian-friendly options and even dishes made with gluten-free ingredients. They're all made from scratch and cooked fresh from quality ingredients. Join us for Happy Hour and let our mixologist prepare a perfect beverage that is bound to delight and pair just right with your meal. We hope to see you soon!
Cary, North Carolina
“They always have something I like!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for dinner and were planning on going another 4 hours. Houlihans has a broad menu and is a national chain. Prices are moderate and usually the food is good. It wasn't top notch but I was very tired and will give them the benefit of the doubt. I have eaten there many times over the years with no complaints but the beef wasn't good and I didn't eat all of it.

Visited May 2014
Sarah L, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Guest; On behalf of Houlihan's Restaurant, thank you for the review and feedback regarding your recent dining experience. We like to hear our guests comments, it keeps us the right path so we can continue to always improve upon the quality of service we provide and food that we deliver.

Definitely let us know next time if you were not pleased with any part of your meal so we can make it right while you are with us. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction, you're not happy, we're not happy.

We'd welcome the chance to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Houlihan's Restaurant, Herndon VA

Reston, VA
“Never have another bottle at the bar...”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Every time we are there, we order the same drink for two of us. At least 3 times now, they run out before they can pour two drinks and they don't have another bottle? How does that happen? We gave up on the restaurant long ago...food is very bad, and service sometimes worse.

Visited July 2014
Sarah L, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Guests; I appreciate you reaching out to me and sharing your recent experience with Houlihan's. I would like to apologize on behalf of the restaurant that we did not provide better service for you. We take matters like this to heart as our goal is always 100% customer satisfaction and we did not provide that to you. I will bring this up with the General Manager and work towards better inventory control so this doesn't continue to happen.

I understand your frustration with us, we hope for another chance to redeem ourselves and welcome you back anytime.

Sarah
Houlihan's Restaurant, Herndon VA.
Carbondale, Illinois
“Love Houlihan's!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We used to have a Houlihan's in the town I live in but the owners closed it and re-opened as a seafood place. I don't like seafood and miss Houlihan's like crazy. We used to eat there at least 3 times a month!!! When I saw this place in Herndon, I knew we'd eat there one of the nights we were visiting. It was just like I remembered. The Thai wings were exactly like I remember and so was the long island iced tea. There were of us and all the meals were good. The waiter was also very entertaining!!! The fire alarms went off while we were there, but we were eating outside so it didn't bother us one bit. Sure wish we still had Houlihan's in our town!!

• Visited July 2014
Sarah L, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Friends: Thank you for wonderful review! We appreciate you being a long time fan and guests of Houlihan's. Sorry to see we don't have one open in your home town anymore, but we are delighted to see you found us in Herndon and had a great experience.

Thanks for sharing with us that you liked the Thai Wings and Long Island Iced Tea. We always appreciate our guests feedback so we know what we are doing well and what needs to be improved upon, happy to see we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Virginia.

Warm Regards,
Houlihan's Restaurant. Herndon VA
Herndon
“Lunch with the office”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The service was good, you didn't have to wait long for a seat or for a server to come over and help you. Always polite and answering questions and explaining any specials of the day. I would highly recommend it, especially for their appetizers.

• Visited February 2014
Reston, Virginia
“Not going back for a while”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants in the Herndon area. The last few visits have been increasingly worse. It's always uncomfortably warm in there. Service is slow, and servers can be kind of surly. Food quality has declined dramatically. We used to love their potato soup - it was thick and hearty, and really tasty. The last few times it's been thin and watery, with no flavor to speak of. The final straw came when we went for dinner right after I got off a plane. I ordered a cocktail - Bookers bourbon on the rocks, with a diet coke. The drink presented was a bourbon AND coke. The server took it back ... no more Booker's. I asked for another brand from the menu. They were out. Finally asked the server to go to the bar and find out what they had. Ordered chicken parmesan and a salad. Salad had big hunks of the core of the lettuce - completely unappetizing. Manager came and took it away. Offered no apologies. Chicken came, and it was cold. I asked server to take it away - decided to go somewhere else. Manager did not come to table, just informed server that I could just go. And I did.

• Visited April 2014