“Dive bar, scary men in there if you are a female.”
Review of Chics n Wings - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chics n Wings
Cuisines: American
Ashburn, Virginia
“Dive bar, scary men in there if you are a female.”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Some of the wings are really good and different like the Mediterranean wings. The website menu is wrong on the types of wing packages to choose from. I usually do take out, I dont like the atmosphere.

virginia
“Awful service and food”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Loud, bad service and even worse wings. Don't even bother.

Visited April 2011
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“Good Place”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

tastes good, good service and environment is awesome

Visited August 2011
Northern Virginia
“More Like a Bar than a Restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We tried this place because we love wings. The bar/table arrangement seemed more like a drinking establishment than a restaurant to us, and we prefer more of a restaurant environment. The wings were OK, but not great. I don't consider this a good choice for a family with young children. We aren't likely to return.

• Visited March 2011
Herndon, Virginia
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I called the restaurant to place an order for my husband to pick up on his way home from work. The girl who answered the phone sounded very rushed. There was a lot of background noise, so I assumed that she was busy. She asked if I could hold and I said yes. When she came back on the phone, she asked for my order.

I requested the appetizer spinach dip. She said that they have two sizes. Since this was the first time I had ordered from them, I was not familiar with any menu other that the one on their web site. I told her that I wanted the $8.00 dip from their web menu.

Then I ordered 25 honey ale wings. She asked if I wanted blue cheese or ranch. I asked her how many servings of dressing I could order. She said that I could get four different kinds of wings. I said that I only wanted honey ale, but since I was getting 25 wings, could I get more than one dressing. Again, she said that I could get four different kinds. She was rushing me so much, that I asked her to slow down. Once again, I tried to make her understand that I was asking about dressing. She stated that I could only get one. I said that I could get one order when only ordering 6 wings. She said that she could send a ranch and add a blue cheese for 25 cents. I couldn't believe she was going to charge me extra for an additional dressing. In my mind, if you order 6 wings you should get one dressing, 12 wings, two dressings, and so on.

I knew my order was probably going to be wrong, so I asked her to repeat it back to me. She did and it was correct, except she didn't mention celery. I requested celery and was told that celery comes with all wing orders.

When my husband brought the order home, we did indeed have 25 wings. We also had a very small order of spinach dip. I looked at the receipt and saw that she gave us a $2.99 order instead of the $8.00 order. We had a container with ranch dressing, but no blue cheese and no celery. When the food was packed, they put the spinach dip and the ranch dressing in the same bag. I couldn't believe that the small amount of spinach dip could heat up the ranch dressing so much.

I called the restaurant and asked to speak to a manager. Again, he was in a hurry. He asked what he could do to fix the mistakes. I asked him to send someone with the correct food. He said he could not. He said that he could do something for us the next time we ordered. I told him that after this experience, I would not be ordering again.

Now for the food. The spinach dip, which my husband and I carefully split was very good. Unfortunately, the chips were on the verge of stale. The wings were good, but tasted more of chili spice and honey.

For those who live in Herndon, I would suggest ordering wings from Buffalo Wing House. The wings are excellent and they deliver.