All reviewsheavenly beddulles airportparking garagenice hotelstarbucks coffeefront desk staffbreakfast buffetan early flightbusiness tripcomfortable roomfitness centerreston town centerfree shuttledc areashuttle servicespgpond
Reviewed November 22, 2017

I was in the unfortunate predicament of having traveled 42-hours, arriving late and missing my last flight home. The Thanksgiving day travel period resulted in all my Plan "B" flights being oversold so I was stuck for a night. KLM/AirFrance put me up in the Westin Washington Dulles and I'm glad they did.

The check-in process was easy and quick. The room was spacious enough but the bathroom and bedding were fabulous after a long journey. I needed a quick dinner and a couple adult beverages so I ran down to the hotel bar. Wow! What wonderful, friendly, attentive, and just plain nice bartenders were there to greet me. They brought the food quickly and kept the beer glass full. Both were so pleasant and nice. I really appreciated it.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Dear NKyAdventurer,
We are disappointed to read that you happened upon our hotel due to unfortunate circumstances however, pleased to know that all of our staff here at the Westin Washington Dulles Airport had the opportunity of making your situation so much better. Thank you for your kind comments. Now that you are familiar with our hotel, and our brand, we hope to continue to be your choice during your travels.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

After being up for 24 hours, flying from Venice Italy to Frankfurt and then into Washington Dulles, my family and I checked in to the Westin. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver actually took all of our 7 bags, loaded into a cart and took to our room for free. He knew were tired and insisted that we not mess with the bags as he could help. Great employee!!! (It was on the evening of 18 November 2017, don't remember his name though). Once we settled into the room, we went down stairs and had dinner at the Padella Lounge. There we were greeted by a very friendly and professional waiter named Hussein. This guy was one of the nicest people we have ever encountered. He was an amazing and helpful waiter he took great care of us. Our 17 month old daughter was tired and hungry, so he rushed her pasta out to her to help calm her. After eating an amazing meal (the filet is A+ as well as the cowboy steak), we retired for the evening. The following morning, we went down to the lounge for the breakfast buffet and were greeted by Hussein again. He immediately settled us in and brought OJ and coffee out. He repeatedly checked up on us and even informed us of a discount for the breakfast buffet that saved us $34. If ever transiting in that area again, we will definitely stay at the Westin and we hope to see Hussein as well.

Room Tip: They are good for pets!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Dear Gabe Katherine L,

Thank you so much for confirming to others that what a great choice the Westin Washington Dulles Airport is! We strive to provide an outstanding experience to all of our guests, and we are delighted to know we accomplished this while you were here. I will be sure to share your compliments with the entire team, especially with Hussein for a job well done. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a week and it was the 2nd state of my business trip in the USA, so the posh and clean setting was very pleasant after my previous week stay at Elements (another of Westin’s chain of hotels). Despite being an airport hotel, my stay wasn’t disturbed by the noise of planes. Occasionally could hear my neighbours in the wee hours but that wasn’t too much of a problem.

The bed was extremely comfortable! Service at the front desk was excellent too. There’s a green choice option where you get 500 SPG points or $5 per day when decline housekeeping but once you start it their system will assume your choice is for the entire stay! so my bin wasn’t emptied even when i removed the green choice signal, imagine the amount in my trash bin after 8 days! the other starwood hotels green choice works on daily opt-in basis, which i think is a better way.

One more hiccup during my stay, there was totally not water on one weekday morning and it took a good 30mins or so before the water supply resumed.

Overall still a pleasant stay and would have deserved a 5 star if not for the housekeeping/water experience.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Thank you lavend3rmist for sharing your feedback with fellow online travelers about your stay at the Westin Washington Dulles Airport. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Dulles and sincerely appreciate your comments. Our staff is very committed to serving our guests with the utmost attention to their needs so thank you for recognizing their efforts. We'll be thrilled to share your wonderful comments with them for doing such a great job. It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

I traveled to the US for a business meeting, and when the flight was delayed, the airline put us up in the Westin Washington Dulles. Although it was a short overnight stay, the hotel was very nice, which made the stay easier.

Location:
- The location is close to the airport. However, although convenient in terms of airport access - there is nothing else really close by, so I ended up being confined to my room.

Room:
- The room was perfect. It was sizable, well appointed, with large TV and numerous channels, as well as a very comfortable bed. The room was quiet, and I could not hear any other guests at all. The room also was equipped with a coffee machine with Starbucks 'capsules' - which made for great coffee.

- Unfortunately, my stay was too short to make use of the hotel amenities.

General:
- The staff were super friendly and attentive, and a pleasure to engage with.

I would certainly not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Washington overnight.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
00gc, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Dear TravelPeteZA,

It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Washington Dulles Airport. We are delighted to read we exceeded all your expectations and you loved our excellent service and your well-appointed room. We appreciate you recommending us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at this location about four times and each time the hotel is more than helpful to the traveler. I love that they have a very nice and safe covered parking garage. The rooms are very nice and I must say that in true Westin style the beds are very comfortable. The shower is great! I have only had breakfast here and it is very good.
The shuttle service is on time every time!
When I stay here it is with out hesitation that it’s well worth every penny!

Stayed: October 2017
00gc, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Chuck H,

Thank you so much for letting us know that this was not your first time as a guest at the Westin Washington Dulles Airport, and it will definitely not be your last! We are thrilled to read you not only enjoyed your well-appointed room and our facilities but once again found us to be a great value. It is always our pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to your return visit soon.