“New, Clean, Friendly,”

The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I was on a business trip with some colleagues. This newer hotel is located close to a lot of tech companies like salesforce, dell, aws, etc and is a 5 minute drive from data center alley (Ashburn). The location is quite nice and I noticed there seemed to be some trails if you are a runner or want to go for a walk outside. I did not run on this trip but I did see a number of runners outside.The breakfast buffet was good, not quite as good as the Hilton. Good coffee and quick friendly service. The hotel kitchen serves a small selection of food until 11PM which is nice if you are with a tech team that works until late in the evening. Comfortable beds, starbucks in room coffee, nice big shower, clean room. If you take a swim in the pool keep your eyes closed, there is a lot of chlorine. If you are travelling this area for the first time, Reston seems to have the best downtown area for restaurants and shopping (10 minute drive).

Room Tip: Try to avoid the 2nd floor close to the gym. There seems to be a laundry room close by. Possible noi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Thank you for your feedback with fellow online viewers. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Dulles and your comments were wonderful to read. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Westin staff makes it a great place to stay. It was past the time the served food in the dining room by 10 minutes when we arrived. The Manager said he would open up to serve our party if we wanted. The Hotel room was clean and the staff was great from the front desk, to the maid staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank G
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Wow! Thank you so much for your very kind review. I was thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and your compliments are truly appreciated. Please be assured I will share your comments with our team members. We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, with special deal through SPG (weekend getaway). I've stayed here before, while on a business trip and was impressed. So when we visited DC, I specifically wanted to stay here. Parking was super easy, all the staff were very friendly and professional.

Biggest point, even though this hotel is backed up against the airport, there was absolutely no airport noise inside the hotel...amazing. I don't know what they insulate the building with, but I need some of it for my house.

Top notch. I'll be back again when I visit DC next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for your review. I was absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your complimentary comments. We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night to celebrate our anniversary. We were warmly greated by Kirkwood, who was extremely kind and accommodating to us. He went out of his way to ensure we had a nice and quiet room and enjoyed the amenities of the resort.

Our king sized room was very comfortable and we especially enjoyed the large shower with 2 shower heads.

The bar and lobby area were bustling with activity. Our bartender was very kind and made some delicious fruit drinks both my wife and I enjoyed.

We enjoyed our night out and were thankful for such a friendly staff.

Room Tip: 7th floor and near the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Westin Dulles. We take great pride in delivering excellent service and comments like yours assures me that we are on the right track. We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Unprofessional front desk lady; wasn't warm, friendly nor informative enough to begin the experience with. The rest of the staff seemed much polite, professional and attentive though.
Poor hose-keeping and linen conditions: pre-stained bath robe and bed sheet, dusty counter-tops and appliances, "smelly" pillow covers makes you seriously doubt the cleanliness of your bed, though it feels very comfortable.
Pros: Warm and stylish ambiance in the hotel lobby, free airport shuttle, accommodated my requests such as room facing lake view, higher floor and away from elevators (thank you for that!), excellent water pressure with double shower heads, complimentary mineral water bottle in room.
Am an experimenting, beginner level Starwood preferred guest. And this was my first Westin experimentation. Sadly, wasn't impressed for 4 star hotel expectations. Therefore, likely to choose other Starwood brands over Westin in future. Not exclusively committed to Starwood hotels yet, but haven't taken membership of other major companies as well. Wasn't disappointed with St. Regis, but hopefully Starwood delvers better in their other brands as well? Won't be able to/ want to afford a St. Regis all the time after-all. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ShamiJ

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Westin Dulles. It is certainly disappointing to hear about your experience. I have shared your concerns with my management team and we have taken corrective action to assure it does not happen again. We do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Westin provides a pleasant place to stay if you have to be near Dulles Airport overnight. Rooms are large, clean, modern and well appointed. Food in the restaurant and bar is excellent and the buffet breakfast is good. The hotel is a bit out of the way and unless you have your own transport you will be eating all of your meals on site. The van driver went out of his way to get us to our rental car pick up location the morning we left -- nice service. The staff did everything they could to make our short stay comfortable. As is the case with all Westin's you will have to pay for Wi Fi connection in the room. For what you pay for the room complimentary Wi Fi is a must.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Note: I only spent a night because I had a really early flight in the am and didn't want to miss it.

Parking and check-in where a breeze. The room was comfortable and everything seemed to be up to Westin standards. No complaints here, based off what I saw, I would stay there again if I needed to.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!