“one day in August”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“one day in August”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My better half and I stayed for an evening at the Westin as per referral from friends who stay there when they leave for trips via Dulles Airport. They met us there and we continued our visit with them in VA. The stay was very pleasant. The property clean and quiet. The staff helpful and accommodating. The bar was fun to hang out and relax after a full afternoon at the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum. We also had dinner at the restaurant, 3 of the party of 4 were chefs and a dietician and found the food to be tasty. Our waitress was a bit scattered, I figured she might have been new and just needed some more practice serving. Oh, I almost forgot, we went on a scavenger hunt for ice as none of the machines, except for 2nd floor, had ice. Would we stay there again, definitely.

Room Tip: If given a choice, I usually pick a room that is on an upper floor, away from the ice machine and el...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

2 Thank therznoplacelikehome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I love the Westin experience. The quality of their sheets, towels and toiletries always make the stay worthwhile. We did experience some noise issues during this stay, While the front desk did resolve the issue, it was not quite handled the way we had hoped. Nonetheless, I will always use a Westin hotel over any other.

1 Thank Rubina P
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Got a great deal from Hotwire and stayed on a Sunday for $70/night on the way to Washington DC. If we stayed Sat it would have been only $60! Prices jump up significantly during weekdays. The hotel does not charge for additional parking which is a huge plus. Hotel is close to Dulles Airport, but about 45 mins or so to Washington DC downtown.
The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. Despite not being a SPG preferred member, I asked for any upgrades since the hotel was not busy and she gave me an upgrade from double to queen beds with complimentary Wi-Fi. Normally Wi-Fi is about $11 extra so that was nice of her.
The hotel is definitely up to higher Westin Standards without the prices on weekends. Would definitely consider coming again. Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for room with pond view if possible as much nicer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jackiechandc
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel, while not at the airport, is very close by. I thought it was a great place to stay. Warmly greeted at check-in despite being 1AM. The room was perfect, nothing out of place. I had a 8 AM flight the next day so didn't stay long. Even though it was a short stay, it left me with such a positive impression. I would absolutely stay here again.

1 Thank JSPrima
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love this hotel especially on the weekends when they drop the rates significantly. I usually stay the night before I depart out of IAD which makes getting to the airport a snap. The beds are super comfortable and the breakfast it good and service was great in the morning. I would recommend trying to get the Breakfast room rate. The desk person gave me the wifi code for my room so I wouldn't have to come down to the lobby to send an email on my laptop/ipad. The fact that this hotel still tries to charge for wifi is inane.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Orange County, California
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I chose to hole up at a Dulles airport hotel, and knowing Westin's reputation, the deal i got on Priceline was fabulous!

Shuttle to the airport, greeting from the check-in process, to the bartender and morning server could NOT have been better! Westin's beds always provide me with great sleep- and so convenient, another fellow attendee to my conference was treated (by me) to a shower after HIS red-eye from the West Coast the following morning.

A poor public high school teacher, even though this expense is not reimbursed by my conference ( i did not realize that...which is sad) I received great service, a good night's sleep, and comfort I do not usually afford myself. Thanks from this vey greatful teacher, for a very pleasant stay.

The $10 beer and burger special, btw, made my evening. I even got the burger med-rare, which NEVER happens. Mil gracias from AZ~

Room Tip: It's in a quiet office park area. No complaints or special tips.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
northern va, usa
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had stayed there overnight with my husband a few years ago and was met by the most deliciously intoxicating scent in the lobby...followed by the dreamiest Orange blueberry granola pancakes with fresh berries the morning after. The experience made me so excited to return last month with my kids. The room was clean, fresh, lovely. We were welcomed in a friendly, efficient, excellent manner...especially Kevin at the from desk. Helpful and kind. The dreamy pancakes for breakfast were the icing on the cake...Mmmm.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!