All reviews heavenly bed dulles airport parking garage nice hotel starbucks coffee front desk staff connecting flight breakfast buffet an early flight business trip comfortable room fitness center reston town center free shuttle dc area shuttle service spg
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had to grab a hotel room for a quick night's sleep. Actually thought I had called a Sheraton since WIFI at Dulles was iffy. From the confo email, I saw I was at the Westin. Didn't like that the hotel pick-up and drop-off was at the end of the terminal but the ride to/from the airport is about 10 minutes. Little delay in checking is since the booking I did over the phone hadn't reached the hotel but my confo email made it easier for the front desk staff. Room was quiet and the atmosphere was what I needed - a big, fluffy comfortable bed in a soothing room. Great shower with 2 heads and a chamomile tea and to sleep. Up and out early ... not there long enough to see but the view from the room was over a lake. Quiet neighborhood and don't recall hearing too many planes.

Room Tip: Room with a lake view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Being stuck at Dulles due to weather, I dreaded staying at an airport hotel, but the Westin Washington Dulles Airport proved to be much better than the average airport accommodation. Our room was pleasingly furnish and quiet. Since it was late at night we had to eat in the bar, which was forgettable and the coffee shop was closed when we left very early, however the room was nice and the staff helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

An airline put us up in this hotel due to mechanical issues with a plane that forced us to miss a connecting flight. We could not have been more pleased with the Westin. The room was very quiet and the bed very comfortable. My wife now wants me to install a double-head shower like this hotel! The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Overall, a wonderful stay under unexpected circumstances.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I've stayed here on 2 occasions. Both times found this hotel to be clean and professional. Parking is free. They do some large events in the ballrooms on the lobby level so can get a little loud down there. Close to airport but not right near it so there is no aircraft noise (but it is a little bit of a drive). Nearby mid range restaurants--a fairly good selection. This is one you may get if you roll the dice and name your price on an internet site for this category in this location.

Room Tip: Cookie cutter modern rooms so all standard per category you book.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Front desk is mostly friendly.... Except the one young man that took my call when I complained that the Housekeeper left my room door open (4+hrs).
She was entering to clean at 2:30.... when I returned at 7... I found the door held open by the safety latch. The man at the desk seemed inconvenienced that I was disturbed by this ... The following day I opted for no service.... and only asked for towels... requested at 2..... arrived after 4 calls at 8pm..... Housekeeping keeps rooms clean, but nothing more....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Brenda R,

I am truly sorry for the issues during your stay with our housekeeping team. At the Westin Dulles we pride ourselves in our service and housekeeping standards. What you experienced concerns me a great deal and I have already met with our Executive Housekeeper and Front Office Manager to make sure this type of incident never happens again.
In the meantime I hope that you will give us another chance in the near future as I promise you we will rectify our issues. If you do please reach out to me directly so that I can welcome you back.

Linda Tierney