All reviews heavenly bed dulles airport parking garage nice hotel starbucks coffee front desk staff connecting flight breakfast buffet an early flight business trip comfortable room fitness center reston town center free shuttle dc area shuttle service spg
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I've stayed here on 2 occasions. Both times found this hotel to be clean and professional. Parking is free. They do some large events in the ballrooms on the lobby level so can get a little loud down there. Close to airport but not right near it so there is no aircraft noise (but it is a little bit of a drive). Nearby mid range restaurants--a fairly good selection. This is one you may get if you roll the dice and name your price on an internet site for this category in this location.

Room Tip: Cookie cutter modern rooms so all standard per category you book.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Front desk is mostly friendly.... Except the one young man that took my call when I complained that the Housekeeper left my room door open (4+hrs).
She was entering to clean at 2:30.... when I returned at 7... I found the door held open by the safety latch. The man at the desk seemed inconvenienced that I was disturbed by this ... The following day I opted for no service.... and only asked for towels... requested at 2..... arrived after 4 calls at 8pm..... Housekeeping keeps rooms clean, but nothing more....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Brenda R,

I am truly sorry for the issues during your stay with our housekeeping team. At the Westin Dulles we pride ourselves in our service and housekeeping standards. What you experienced concerns me a great deal and I have already met with our Executive Housekeeper and Front Office Manager to make sure this type of incident never happens again.
In the meantime I hope that you will give us another chance in the near future as I promise you we will rectify our issues. If you do please reach out to me directly so that I can welcome you back.

Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ended up at this hotel after a missed flight from IAD. Despite the throng of upset travelers, the front desk staff was remarkably cheerful and very efficient. Good, clean rooms and a good restaurant round out the very good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I needed a hotel near Dulles Airport for just one night. This Westin property met the usual top-notch Westin standards. It was clean, comfortable, everything worked well, and the front-desk service and wakeup call was great. The price (under $80 with a AAA discount) was so inexpensive for such an upscale property that I found it hard to believe, but it was a Saturday night and not during the week. The only issue that I had was upon arrival at the airport. I called the hotel to ask if the shuttle came on a regular schedule or if I needed to tell them that I needed a pickup. The agent (Robin) did not answer my question, but instead told me that the shuttle would be at the 2H shuttle pickup area at 8:15PM. I called at 8:05PM and rushed to get to the pickup area, but Dulles is a very large airport and I arrived at 8:23PM. I called again and this time I got the actual answer to my question. Shuttles arrive at the airport location (2H) at :15 and :45 past the hour, every hour, and leave the hotel at :00 and :30 on the hour from the hotel. I wish that Robin had simply answered my question the first time; this would have saved me from rushing, and I would have been able to spend some of my 22 minutes of waiting around for the next shuttle inside, having a coffee or relaxing rather than shivering at the shuttle stop. That's the only problem that I had and it was a minor one.

Room Tip: I asked for a room close to the elevator and on a lower floor so I could avoid long elevator waits and long walks to my room. This was a very quick overnighter. There was a loud party downstairs on the first floor, my room was likely right over the party area, on the second floor, but I had absolutely no problem with any noise. My room was on the opposite side from the entrance and had a view of a small lake/pond; probably the side you would normally want.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had an early morning flight out of Dulles airport (actually in Virginia) and chose this hotel that has a package rate that includes 10 days parking (on a secured covered garage) and round trip shuttle service to the airport. Since it is only four miles away it is really convenient and a great value. Since you are basically in an office park no attractions or food offerings than the hotel but the food there was good! The service was a bit pokey at dinner time but that is my only quibble. I think we caught a shift change. Front desk staff nice and helpful!

• Stayed: May 2013
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear smotley,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at Westin Dulles. We offer the Westin Heavenly bed for a great night's rest and a complimentary shuttle that runs to the airport every 30 minutes around the clock to ensure a relaxing trip to wherever your destination may be.
Thank you as well for the kind words regarding our staff. Our staff takes pride in providing excellent service and does their best to make each and every guest's stay enjoyable.

Yours in Hospitality,