The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
$76
$71
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel(Herndon)(Great Value!)
$95
$118
$119
$96
Staybridge.com
All reviewsheavenly beddulles airportparking garagenice hotelstarbucks coffeefront desk staffbreakfast buffetan early flightcomfortable roomfitness centerbusiness tripminute drivebusiness centerdc areashuttle servicespgpond
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is the third time I have taken a large (160) group of 8th graders to this hotel for our annual Washington trip. The staff goes out of their way to welcome us and truly seem to enjoy hosting teenagers (which is relatively unusual and very refreshing). The hotel was immaculate, their organization of multiple rooms and keys was flawless, and the rooms had plenty of linens and amenities since they knew that 4 students would be in each room. The breakfast buffet was excellent, and the banquet manager remembered us from last year. The personal touches and attention to detail are commendable. We have already booked here for next year's trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pumpknbudy
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I like the Westin Washington Dulles. It is a reliable hotel with modern features, and the staff do try to make one's stay comfortable. My room was on the SPG floor, with a view of the pond, where a bride and groom were taking photos. It was quiet with very little plane noise. The room features a very comfortable bed, a nice sitting chair, empty refrigerator, coffee/tea service items, iron/ironing board, desk with chair, etc.

I have rated the property very good vs excellent because there was a Lite beer top peeking out from under the bed. And, it was not my beer top. Otherwise, the room appeared to be clean and orderly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

well worth the money. Pleasant relaxing hotel with AWESOME beds! If you are going to the airport remember to NOT pay the toll stay in the left lane. They do have a mini store for snacks and incidentals. The air quaility WAS good!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear catbrew,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about your experience here. Our Westin Heavenly beds are a great hit with our guests, they truly enjoy the great night's sleep especially considering many of them have early flights in the morning at nearby Dulles Airport. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Yours in hospitality,
Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have now stayed here several times. My only issue with the hotel before was the new carpet smell. I am happy to report that the smell has now abated and the property is really lovely for indoor air quality. The HVAC system kept the air rather dry so there was no chance of mildew in the room - often a problem in the mid-atlantic region. And the previous new carpet smell is essentially gone now. Also the hotel did not have a strong "white tea" odor as some Westin properties suffer from (too much of the signature scent). I brought my own conditioner shampoo and soap so I did not need to afflict myself with any of those white tea products. The fitness center is really lovely. Several lifefitness ellipticals, many treadmills and many other equipment.
There is also a rather long pool that one might be able to swim laps in. The staff was a bit on the clueless side but also very quick to respond to requests. They were out of gym shoes in my size but gave me a complimentary pair of socks anyway. They did not have my bed defeathered when I arrived but sent people right away to fix it as I was checking in. The staff even spotted a lightbulb out and replaced it without my asking about it. Parking was free. Overall I was quite happy with this property. In particular it was a huge improvement over the hotel I stayed at the previous night in Bethesda (you can read my review of that here). I got a room at my corporate rate of $168/night.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be quite good at this property. It is a quiet location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We booked this hotel for 1 night after a long flight and before going to Washington DC the next day. This hotel is perfect for this purpose.

There are 2 shuttles an hour to bring you to the hotel from the airport. The hotel is near the airport, but you don't hear any airplanes here. The rooms are very quiet.

The bed is very comfortable and staff very friendly and helpful.

The next morning we took the free hotel shuttle back to the airport, where we took the metrobus straight into Washington DC (6USD one way).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple