The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel and convenient location to major highway restaurants and local businesses
Would be nice if they had an executive lounge for frequent platinum Starwood guests but I know not all Weston's have them
Would definitely stay here again
The front staff were very welcoming and friendly upon check in

1 Thank eweinz22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and enjoyed it very much.Service overall was very friendly and helpful anytime we used them for anything from reception check in, to bell desk ... To breakfast ...
Rooms are very specious and cozy.Best part for me and my wife was the bed is so comfortable huge -simply amazing !
Bathroom really big too
Over all I recommend the hotel
Bad part for me nothing around for fun
Also taxi you need to wait long time
If you would like you to party in Washincton DC it's 60$ by taxi
In the area it's nothing there - it's conservative kind of.
There is a pool and sauna
Was empty nobody there
Water in the pool was warm ...
I was in 817 room which had very good view and very close to the elevators which we loved
Look for good price on Internet
Hope you lucky to find good deal for this wonderful hotel

1 Thank Delyan T
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The more I stay at The Westin the more I like it. In every stay, I've had great reception from the staff. The rooms are clean and the bed is super comfortable. The Westin staff definitely know how to treat and take care of their guests.

1 Thank Marjan P
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Marjan P,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stays here. We take pride in the fact that our staff genuinely cares about each and every guest and does everything possible to make their stays enjoyable.
We especially appreciate our most loyal returning guests such as yourself. Now that you have come to know the property and staff, please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there are any ways we can make your next stay even more enjoyable.

Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel
linda.tierney@westinwashingtondulles.com
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My daughter booked this room at a great rate. I had low expectations, but it was one of the mixes rooms I've stayed in! Comfortable bed, TV with too many premium channels, shower with two heads, nice amenities. Minor inconveniences (door key didn't work whe I first arrived, big restaurant was closed at 7pm, and close-by restaurant choices are very limited) didn't detract from this very nice room. I'll be looking for Westin hotels in future travels.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Joe58156
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Laid-over by a delayed flight, we were placed in the Westin Dulles (Herndon) and were absolutely pleased following our stay. Our state-of-mind was one of exhaustion, yet all the details of our stay went smoothly. The shuttle to the hotel was efficient (however, there were unknown guests on the back of the bus along for the ride and I really did not like this - about 4 people sat in the back of the van silently with hoodies over there head.. however... one we got to the hotel all was OK). Lobby was gorgeous. They obvious spent effort to make this property attractive. Lots of security presence, which was concerning at first. However, front desk staff was friendly, helpful, accommodating and just perfect. The sculpture by Kerry Vesper at the check-in desk was over the top beautiful (I asked about the artist, which is how I know the name). There seemed to be a lot of staff members hanging around for security reasons (my thought), around the hallways upstairs at the elevators, but they were a presence, cleaning staff?, security? a question mark. If I were management, I might want to know. As a guest, I asked myself what the reason was? But, despite this question, we were happy and slept well. Rooms were spacious,very clean, well-appointed. Internet worked fine. All in all, just perfect till we got back on our itinerary. Hot breakfast buffet was somewhat predictable, but really, just right and well-appointed. Staff in the restaurant was friendly and efficient. Many thanks. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This is another fine example of a SPG hotel. Parking is free. Check in was easy. The staff very accommodating. My first room was on a low floor with a view of a wall; however, with one quick call they moved me to a much nicer one. My two issues are:

This hotel is located in a pseudo commercial residential area near the airport with NO access to offsite resterants or stores. Be prepared to drive if you want anything other than food served at the hotel. It is very close to IAD.

My room was clean the first day I arrived (was there for 7) but then the cleaning service went down hill from there. The first day.. Good. Second day..I left several times for more than an hour each time and the attendant never showed up. She even saw me leave twice. At 6 pm when I got into the hotel for the night.. She knocked on my door. The last day the attendant cleaned but by that I mean she made the bed. The coffee was not replenished. The bathroom not cleaned.

Overall a good hotel that I will stay at again. They can't change the location and I'm hoping the house cleaning issue was a fluke.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Florida Panhandle, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I recently spent two nights at this hotel. It was clean, the rooms comfortable, the staff was very friendly and the breakfast they served our party was wonderful. I would definitely stay here again. We had a party of 36 (26 kids, and 10 adults) and the hotel staff was wonderful with our kids. We really had a great experience at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!