“Westin Amenities but Don't Come Hungry” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Westin Amenities but Don't Come Hungry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

There are things we've come to expect when staying at Westin...great bed...nice amenities...restaurant, etc. Everything receives a thumbs up except the food portion. Check in was interesting. One person at the desk as the line behind us expanded to include many in-coming guests. Restaurant was closed on weekends so only bar food was available. Employees are incredibly friendly and accommodating from our van driver (who was so informative!) to the front desk employee (who had his hands full and handled every guest with style). Leaving in the early morning, no one was at the desk. A bell was available for "summoning" her. Rooms are typical Westin. If we had stayed during the week, our experience probably would have been different.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! The staff was friendly, very professional and responsive. I know the place was packed but they treated my wife and I as if we were their only guests. I ran into one of the staff of duty at the airport and he struck up a conversation like we were old friends. They have a great team and I can't recommend a stay there enough. We'll be back!

Room Tip: The second floor would be good if you like to use their spa (pool and gym)...which is the biggest I...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

stayed here with my extended family,11 of us, for 2 nights during my trip to U.S.the rooms are spacious and tastefully done.rooms are clean and service is prompt.wheelchair facility available. breakfast is good.value for money hotel.

Room Tip: choose rooms facing the lake and not facing the podium parking.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had a great time staying at Westin. Not only the rooms were big, clean, the beds super comfortable, the bedding fabulous, but the staff were all so lovely and friendly. In most hotels with this caliber, the staff always has a chip on their shoulder. Not at Westin. The staff here is super friendly, but cordial and they all went above and beyond their duties to make this nice for me. The shuttle to the airport is so convenient and the shuttle drivers are extremely nice. I just can not say enough about how great everyone at this hotel was.
The great feature that I like about the room was the shower. Westin showers are double headed, so for people like me who are on the short side, the double heads makes taking shower a much more pleasant experience. And the bedding, I just can't believe how comfortable the bed and the bedding were. Honestly, I did not want to get out of bed in the morning and at night, I couldn't wait to get in that comfortable bed.
I also took advantage of the exercise room. The equipment is brand new, the room is huge and beautiful. Towels, water, yoga matts, free-weights, exercise balls, and many other extras all available. From now on, this will be the only hotel that I stay in when I am in DC area.

Room Tip: I was told that I could chose between a tub or shower. I chose shower, and it was great. That choice...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've stayed here multiple times as I have business in the area. The rooms always seems like they are well cared for and the service has been consistently solid. Only downsides for the hotel would be that it is somewhat removed from nearby restaurants so you need to either ask at the desk or fire up the GPS. The hotel breakfast is a nice touch when it is included with your rate.

Room Tip: High floors are recommended. You are pretty close to the airport but not under a flight path. I sugg...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CincyLonghorns
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had a very nice stay here after long international flight. Just missed the shuttle bus so I had a long wait in the cold and the wind, but things got better after I arrived.

Good room. Clean and up to date. Platinum status got me a breakfast voucher and the service and food were very good. Had an unexpected but most welcome offer of a to-go cup for my coffee as I left the restaurant.

Will always come back when I am at Dulles.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NicholasWorth
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here with my family the night before a flight out of Dulles. We took the 6 am shuttle, it worked out great. The front desk staff was super nice and helpful. They gave me a business card so I would have the number to call when we returned. The room was nice, clean, and spacious. There was a mini fridge in the room. The hotel is located in what appears to be a residential area, there is really nothing to walk to around the hotel, but they will shuttle you to the Reston town center if you want to go for dinner. There is a bar and restaurant in the hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!