“Out of the way but pleasant”

The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is in an area with office buildings around it. You will need a car or transport to get to restaurants or local attractions. They do run a shuttle to Dulles airport and there are transport options from there. The hotel is clean, comfortable and quiet. There are good beds, good fabrics and good quality fittings in the well equipped rooms. Breakfast was excellently prepared and well served. I would stay here again because it is a quality hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at the Westin at Dulles airport this past weekend 9/22/12 after spending the day with my family at Great Falls, VA enjoying the trails and falls. I wished I didn't use priceline because the price was actually the same at the Westin website and also priceline didn't give me the option to state I would have my 12 yr old son, but the front desk host was great and switched me to a room with two bed instead of one! The room was beautiful, location was great and I loved our view of the fountain. My significant other and I enjoyed drinks and the shrimp and chicken skewers downstairs at the bar can't remember the bartender's name but he rocked! I will most defintely stay there again. Also we had no problem finding the hotel with our gps!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Got out up here for an airport stay and it was great. Big room, comfortable King bed and pillows, large bathroom.

The only down was the price of the breakfast buffet at $17, while normal
for hotels in this category, it's still a ripoff.

Overall though, great hotel

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MacJoeFQV
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Westin at Dulles airport. IT was nice, quite and in a good location. The only thing that was a concern was the parking area. It was located in the back of the hotel with no security. However it was in a garage and when you get of the elevator of the garage there is a back door that was kinda of scary for me. The view from my room was very nice and relaxing. I did not use it but the hotel offers work-out clothes for $5 if needed. I did not have much interaction with the staff but the little I did have was fantastic, they were very friendly. It would have been nice to have a microwave cause often times I will have left overs from lunch that I want to heat and eat.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor and had a nice view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Westin in Dulles Airport for one-night prior to leaving for our Honeymoon.

PROS:
1) Very close to Airport and offer a 24-Hour Shuttle Service to and from. They also offer parking while you are away. This made it very convienent to check-in, park our car, stay and take Shuttle to Airport. They then pick you up and return you to Hotel.

2) Rooms are clean and nice. I would describe them as sleek and modern.

3) Staff was very friendly and the Manager working the evening we arrived actually offered us a better rate and parking deal.

CONS:
1) Wi-Fi - In this day and age, you should not have to pay to use a Hotel's WiFi. I just find this as a way to make money off of you.

WESTIN PROCEDURE ISSUE:
This was the second Westin we stayed at within a week in a half in which we ended up paying for the rooms after both were gifts that were already paid for! I work in the Hospitality business so I know you must provide a Credit Card to hold your room. We visited a Westin the week before and then this one and both times the rooms were prepaid by two different people as Wedding gifts for our trips. When we arrived we were told they needed a Credit Card, which I understand because of incidentals. However, both times are card is charged even though we arrive with the room pre paid and a confirmation number. The Manager was very nice and I explained this and he said we didn't have a Credit Card Authorization to use their Card on the room. I get this but I find it very weird that in a week and hald, two different hotels and two different people buying us the room beforehand as gifts and neither time the Westin would accept the Credit Card on the Reservation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I recently had a little unexpected extra time before my flight out of DCA and decided to take advantage of the Westin Work Out program at this hotel. The program gives guests use of work out apparel for a $5 fee during their stay. The idea of wearing used work out gear is a little off putting to me but I have to say that the experience was fantastic. The New Balance apparel and shoes that were sent to my room were of good quality and happened to brand new, in the package with the tags still on. I usually travel with my own gear but the idea of being able to leave the bulky running shoes at home is really appealing. I will definitely take advantage of Westin Work Out during future stays.

Room Tip: Join Westin's layalty program and get a Starwood Prefered Guest room on the 8th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I travel frequently and have to say that the front desk staff was simply amazing, Very friendly during the check in process and the same agent remembered us the next day and spoke to my daughter and I for quite a bit of time. Turns out he's an opera singer, how cool is that?!?

The neighborhood that the hotel is located in is very nice and the hotel is absolutely beautiful. I believe it is only a few years old but still looks brand new. If we are ever in the area again we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!