All reviewsheavenly beddulles airportparking garagenice hotelstarbucks coffeefront desk staffbreakfast buffetan early flightbusiness tripcomfortable roomfitness centerreston town centerfree shuttledc areashuttle servicespgpond
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We needed a Dulles area hotel. The shuttle worked well. The room was Westin standard. The restaurant was surprisingly very good. There is a manmade lake across the street for a walk. But there is nothing else nearby--no other restaurant, coffee, nothing. And there were no cabs. This is Dulles shuttle in, Dulles shuttle out. To get into town, you shuttle back to Dulles and take it from there. Hotel is used by flight crews.

Room Tip: long halls. when I asked for a quiet room, it was 30 doors down from the elevator...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nonamesforme
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Hotel was nice - shuttle was easy and convenient. Great stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cdntraveller060
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to provide the hotel with feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am glad you had a wonderful experience and we hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the Dulles Herndon area.

Regards,

Linda Tierney

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Of course Westin hotels are usually very comfortable and very nice , but I just wanted to say if you stay here order the poached eggs for breakfast. Organic and cooked perfectly.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Delcie S
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel 4 times, and each time there has been some kind of issue. We have continued to try again since we're active Starwood members and this hotel is the most convenient for us to stay at before an early morning flight from Dulles. However, we're going back to the Hyatt from now on.

Back in mid-February we ordered room service and received the most vile meal I have ever experienced at a Westin. We sent it back and received no acknowledgment from management, just a defensive comment that there was nothing wrong with the eggs (they were most definitely from a carton, not from a real egg, despite the Westin's claims to offer fresh/healthy foods). We made the mistake of going back a couple of weeks ago before an early morning flight to St. Maarten. I requested a wake up call and also tried to set the alarm in the room, which was not working. It was late so I programmed my iPhone for 15 minutes later than my wake up call, just as a precaution. Well, thank God for the iPhone alarm! The wake up call never came. I called down to the front desk to complain and they again just said/did nothing.

On top of the service issues there are several other problems, including the world's loudest slamming doors on every room, bright flashing red lights on the sprinkler system that keep you awake at night, an excruciatingly slow/long airport shuttle trip, and other infrastructure flaws that make this beautiful hotel less than restful.

Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. There won't be a third time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your candid remarks about our hotel. I apologize we fell short in meeting your expectations during your past visits to our hotel. Our entire team at the Westin Dulles is dedicated to providing excellent service, a comfortable guest room and exceptional food and beverage service. It is very disappointing to hear we failed to deliver our promise in so many ways during your stay. I have shared your comments with our team. I apologize again and hope you will consider returning as a guest in the future.

Regards,

Linda Tierney

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed there two nights. First night AC did not work properly and we told the front desk.
We were out all day and did not hear anything and the second night it seems to be working but actually was not cooling properly. We told the front desk on the second morning and they said that the thermostat had been replaced the previous day but that it must be the main AC unit.
What we found really disappointing was that they did not seem to car too much. The furnishing and decoration of the hotel are lovely but the service was NOt impressive. We did not sleep well either night we were there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family