All reviewsheavenly beddulles airportparking garagenice hotelstarbucks coffeefront desk staffbreakfast buffetan early flightbusiness tripcomfortable roomfitness centerreston town centerfree shuttledc areashuttle servicespgpond
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Of course Westin hotels are usually very comfortable and very nice , but I just wanted to say if you stay here order the poached eggs for breakfast. Organic and cooked perfectly.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Delcie S
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel 4 times, and each time there has been some kind of issue. We have continued to try again since we're active Starwood members and this hotel is the most convenient for us to stay at before an early morning flight from Dulles. However, we're going back to the Hyatt from now on.

Back in mid-February we ordered room service and received the most vile meal I have ever experienced at a Westin. We sent it back and received no acknowledgment from management, just a defensive comment that there was nothing wrong with the eggs (they were most definitely from a carton, not from a real egg, despite the Westin's claims to offer fresh/healthy foods). We made the mistake of going back a couple of weeks ago before an early morning flight to St. Maarten. I requested a wake up call and also tried to set the alarm in the room, which was not working. It was late so I programmed my iPhone for 15 minutes later than my wake up call, just as a precaution. Well, thank God for the iPhone alarm! The wake up call never came. I called down to the front desk to complain and they again just said/did nothing.

On top of the service issues there are several other problems, including the world's loudest slamming doors on every room, bright flashing red lights on the sprinkler system that keep you awake at night, an excruciatingly slow/long airport shuttle trip, and other infrastructure flaws that make this beautiful hotel less than restful.

Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. There won't be a third time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for your candid remarks about our hotel. I apologize we fell short in meeting your expectations during your past visits to our hotel. Our entire team at the Westin Dulles is dedicated to providing excellent service, a comfortable guest room and exceptional food and beverage service. It is very disappointing to hear we failed to deliver our promise in so many ways during your stay. I have shared your comments with our team. I apologize again and hope you will consider returning as a guest in the future.

Regards,

Linda Tierney

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed there two nights. First night AC did not work properly and we told the front desk.
We were out all day and did not hear anything and the second night it seems to be working but actually was not cooling properly. We told the front desk on the second morning and they said that the thermostat had been replaced the previous day but that it must be the main AC unit.
What we found really disappointing was that they did not seem to car too much. The furnishing and decoration of the hotel are lovely but the service was NOt impressive. We did not sleep well either night we were there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My family and I stayed here overnight in March 2012 after arriving late at Dulles. The hotel is nice, a standard Westin. The shuttle picked us up at 1:30AM about 20 minutes after we called for said pickup. We took the shuttle back to the airport the next morning to pick up a rental car - no need for a taxi. The front desk was great, as was the cheeseburger in the bar. Don't miss the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, the annex to the Air and Space Museum downtown, which is only about three miles away and well worth a couple of hours!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Typical Westin business hotel. Not a lot of frills like a spa and I think after stating here several times all the rooms are generally the same. Parking can be a pain so give yourself a few extra minutes to get to/from the car. Shuttle to airport is flexible to your schedule too.

Stayed: April 2012