All reviewsheavenly beddulles airportparking garagenice hotelstarbucks coffeefront desk staffconnecting flightbreakfast buffetan early flightbusiness tripcomfortable roomfitness centerreston town centerfree shuttledc areashuttle servicespg
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We went the first weekend in December. The decorations for the Holidays were very pretty. The room size was great. We had four adults and it was big enough to not feel cramped. The decor was nice and very comfortable. Great hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I chose this airport hotel because I am an SPG Gold member and wanted to utilize the points and cash option for an inexpensive but nice stay at an IAD hotel. I needed to stay overnight since I had a 6 a.m. flight out of IAD.

I need to update the maps on my GPS so my GPS unit could not locate the property's address. I called for an alternate address and directions. Even with the alternate address and directions, I had to find the hotel by feel. It was raining hard on the day of my trip so that may have contributed to my difficulties. The hotel is out near some businesses and other hotels such as a Sheraton and Hyatt.

Upon arrival, I was met with lukewarm greetings, and inquired about parking, etc. The parking garage was relatively empty; however, it is a little bit of a hike -- you take the parking garage elevator to the hotel. The elevator opens in an area full of meeting rooms, and you meander around the lobby area, past a restaurant, to another bank of elevators to get to the room floors.

When I checked in, the front desk person failed to offer me any amenities for my SPG gold status, which he must have been aware of due to his utilization of an SPG gold key folder (I also utilized an SPG credit card at check-in for incidentals). I was not given a room on an SPG floor, nor was my room upgraded in any way that I could detect, nor was there any mention of a lounge, etc. Since I was just there to sleep before an early flight, I did not make a fuss. The room was fine. The room included a fridge with just two 16.9-ounce bottles of water in it which could be purchased for $3.50 each. There were no other minibar items. One thing that I found tacky -- two Holiday Inn style plastic cups in plastic on the bathroom sink. I wasn't expecting that at a Westin. Coffee and tea amenities included Starbucks coffee and Tazo teas. There was an ice machine down the hall from my room, which was convenient. The bed was comfy, as is standard at most of the Westin properties I have visited.

Internet was $9.95 per day, if I remember correctly. There is a free one-hour option for checking e-mail with a slower connection. I used that to check my flight information, and it was OK for that, but I would not have wanted to try to use the free connection for any real online work.

One drawback was the sound of flights overhead. Although this is indeed a property I selected due to its proximity to IAD, I would have liked more soundproofing. However, the plane noise did not keep me from sleeping.

Overall, I would say that this is a nice enough newish property; however, it is not the easiest to find. Also, the staff have not been trained in the way that one would expect at a Westin. They have not mastered the fine art of anticipating guests' needs, and sometimes seem a bit aloof.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The hotel grounds are carefully manicured with a beautiful pond and outdoor patio by the restaurant. The lobby staff were pleasant, although there always seemed to be a short wait every time I walked by. Our suite was much larger than I expected and the beds were so comfortable.

We ordered room service and the food was delicious. My only complaint was that it took twice as long as they said it would when we ordered. In addition, the menu in the room is much more limited than in the restaurant, even though you could order from the restaurant menu for room service. It's worth going downstairs and looking at that menu!!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Beautiful hotel with a beautiful view. The room was gorgeous. I had a view of the water, fountain and bridge. The food is good.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed November 16, 2011

i stayed at room 817 on 11/11/2011 and i asked for somebody to fix the excesive colors on the TV came a gentleman from the ENG Dep that failed to do so and said he will be back with the manual it was around 3pm i waited for 1 hour then left and came back at 11.30 PM found the tv is freezed i decided to sleep but adjust the room temp first it was set on 68f which is too cold for me i failed to get it warmer after several hours it was 2AM i called the Front Desk they told me that they are sold out but they can send somebody to fix it:-) :-) from the ENG dep i decided to shut
i the whole system off but the fan declined to stop
it was really a horibble night and the next morning because i was awake all night i tried to speak to somebody about my bad experience but always leave a message it seems that they dont care

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business