All reviews heavenly bed dulles airport parking garage nice hotel starbucks coffee front desk staff connecting flight breakfast buffet an early flight business trip comfortable room fitness center reston town center free shuttle dc area shuttle service spg
Reviewed September 10, 2011

From the moment the shuttle picked us up at the airport, this hotel was first-class all the way. Free shuttle, the glorious Westin beds, exceptional service at check in, free breakfast buffet for two at an AWESOME price. Not one detail is missed in the rooms. The view is even lovely for an airport hotel. There isn't any place near by to eat, but you don't need it. The hotel restaurant is delicious and very, very reasonably priced. When they finish the Metro rail line to Dulles, this will be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: If you aren't a rewards member, sign up before you make reservations. They really do treat you special.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The room and structure of the hotel were exceptional. Check in was fine, but had to sign my life away to have my service dog with me. I asked for a copy of what I signed, but never got it. First person to help with luggage at check in was great, very helpful, personable. At check out, the bellman who helped with our luggage had attitude. We asked for a ride to the car rental place instead of the airport...he refused. We asked for a taxi, and I specifically told them to tell driver we had a dog. When driver arrived he went ballistic at the sight of my small service dog (15 pounds). He told me he'd take me but I'd have to pay. I refused to go with him. Had to call another taxi driver, who was fine. All in all, hotel is fine. Employees need to be better trained.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stood at this hotel for 2 nights, its near the Dulles airport and was a conveninet location for me.
The hotel is great. New, Clean, Nice Rooms, and the service is very nice. A nice place to stay.
Another thing is the Retaurant PAdella at the lobby. You have the buffet breakfast there and if you arrive late, no option that having dinner there too as there's nothing around.
I've got dinner there (Spaghetti with Seafood sauce) and got Diarrhea all night long. I blame the flight and the plane food on it, but not it was the Pasta. When I told this to one of my customers no far from the hotel, he said it was the restaurant, he knew people that got the same problem when they ate at Padella. Also the Breakfast is served there, very poor food and small variety and quantity (There wasn't bacon for more than 1/2 hour)
So stay in this nice hotel but avoid the Reataurant if you want to stay healthy. If I would have time I would have filled a law suit against these guys.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BusinessTraveler1959
Reviewed September 1, 2011

As I am platinum member of SPG I try to stay at Westin, Sheraton and Four Point in order to take profit of my benefits in this chaiin. So I reserved in this very new hotel near Dulles Airport in Virgina, USA.
The hotel looks great, is new and have a classy desing, I liked the reception, the clean atmosfer and the size of the room. The room is well decorated and looks relaxing and fresh.
Nothing to complaint about the hotel, really good.
Now about the restaurant: DO NOT EAT THERE, i got sick, and even worst, when I told this to some people in the area they said they heard it happend the same to other people.
I had dinner at the restaurant the same night I checked in. PAsta with seafood sauce. I got diarrea alll night long, I didn't blame the dinner then because I just arrived from Europe and thought it was the jet-lag. NO WAY, when people told me they heard other people had the same problem I realised it was the dinner. The breakfast was quite dissapointing too, as they don't have lounge in this property, you have to have your breakfast at the buffé, sometimes I like this cause you ussually have more option in the buffe. Not this case. The scrambled eggs where like "Bob Esponge" no bacon for a long time, completely dry (Old) bread and bagels. Very dissapointing, pon the other hand, the waitress and waiters were very nice and try to be helpfull.
Management: FIRE the F&B, If I would had time I would had sued you, but had to fly over next day.
So Great Hotel, horrible restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Barcelonanasi
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Very nice, classy place. Not at all expensive but you get high quality service. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Very clean. Very good distance away from the hustle bustle of Washington DC but close enough if you want to go for the day. My family loved this place. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family