“Good Dulles Airport Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel

Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
New Jersey
“Good Dulles Airport Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

My flight was delayed to Dulles unitl after 2am. Thank god my hotel room was still available when I arrved by taxi around 2:30am. The hotel is really nice and modern. With my complimentary morning coffee I headed back to Dulles to take the Washington Flyer bus for $10 to West Falls Church and then metro in downtown DC. A very affrodable way to travel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Tony J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I stayed at this property the night before flying out of Dulles for Thanksgiving, making use of their park-and-fly package. With the high cost of parking at Dulles, it was economical to stay over and leave my car, not to mention the reduction in stress from not having to fight rush-hour traffic on the Beltway. Parking was readily available when I arrived - in fact the lot was practically empty. The property seems quite new, and the room was in excellent shape with comfortable Sheraton bedding. I liked the walk-in shower in the bathroom and the nice amount of counterspace around the sink. Free Internet access was provided at several terminals in the lobby. The indoor pool unfortunately operates on a very limited schedule, so I wasn't able to try it - I believe it is closed Sunday through Wednesday and open only 5-10 pm Thursday and Friday plus some daytime hours Saturday. The restaurant had a fairly limited range of menu items at dinner (a few salads, sandwiches, and grilled meat and fish entrees), but the sandwich I had was tasty and reasonably priced for this area. The staff were all friendly and professional, and the shuttle to the airport the next morning was right on time. On the way back from the airport you must call for pickup, but the shuttle arrived within about 15 minutes of my call. The property is a bit hard to find in an office-park area, and I didn't see any other restaurants or shops around, but I would definitely recommend it for park-and-fly deals or for people with business in the area. In fact, I've already made reservations for a "reverse park-and-fly" for Christmas!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank Ceollaigh
Izmir, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

This hotel is a perfect example of what a hotel should be. The staff, food, bar, and rooms were 10 out of 10 stars. There is even a shuttle should you want to go out (with-in a 3-mile radius and yes there is plenty to do). The hotel room was $55.00, a couple miles from Dulles and brand new. It is difficult to find if you are not from the area and the Internet is $9 perday - with a 6 hours option as well. Even with my room charges, Internet and price of the room I still come close to my normal bill at other hotels I frequent. Well done and I will ALWAYS be staying here during my travels to DC.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We paid $55 a night and the rooms were super clean and comfortable. The blinds in the room provide complete darkness if you need an afternoon nap which I LOVED. There's no bath, no fridge but you can go to the floor pantry room if you need a microwave. Gym is open 24 hours! Also something to take into account, if you are visiting D.C. for sightseeing, there is a toll of $1.00 and another of .75 going to D.C. and back to the hotel. They don't take cards so it can be VERY frustrating trying to come up with change/cash if you never carry any. That is probably one reason why they are so affordable compared to hotels closer to D.C.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
High Point, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I booked the hotel for two nights during the Labor Day weekend. The price is $55 per night, which is AMAZINGLY CHEAP for Sheraton. But soon I find out it’s just not worth it…

The day we checked in, the front desk is a Latin American male who seem to trying to joke, but with a REALLY creepy smile.

When we checked in the room, it's spacious, night furniture, flat TV, etc. etc. BUT! There isn't any soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste and flip flop. I had to walk to the maid and ask her to give me some. However, she doesn't have toothbrush, toothpaste, and flip flop, which I just drove out to purchase some.

Then, after one full day traveling at DC the next day, which I was hoping the room is cleaned when return, but not exactly: The bed is sloppily made instead of the usual nicely tucked in bed at every corner. The trash in the room was taken, but no new trash bag was given. The towel was not replaced. Restroom doesn't look it's been cleaned at all... Just the same way as it is when we left. Coffee was replaced, but the maid didn't replace the creamer. I regret that I actually left $5 dollar tip...

Other than above mentioned negatives, this hotel has nice and spacious room, internet access in lobby or in the room (need to pay), big TV, bus to airport every 30 minutes. But it's quite far from any metro station unless you have a car.

WARNING: the water in the room is priced for $3 for a 1 liter bottle, but the price is in tiny tiny little fine print. I thought they were nice enough to provide free bottled water, but apparently not...

Overall, it's such a nice property; however, I'm quite shocked it has a worse-than-motel room Cleaning service. Next time I am visiting DC, I will rather stay across street at Hyatt, which is $5 more at $60 per night, and hopefully I will get some real service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank EricC40
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We got a great deal on Expedia for $63 a night. We were VERY happy with what we got. Great room with everything we needed. (Except for a refrigerator.) One of the only hotels that didn't charge for parking. Not too far driving to the Metro train stop. It is a ways from downtown DC. When we asked about staying extra nights the cost was $159 a night. I wouldn't pay that for the room but $63 was a steal for a nice place! Great directions from the front desk also. Would stay again for the right price!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

The hotel was actually fine - clean, comfortable rooms. Early check-in, friendly staff. It bills itself as new, but have read that it is actually renovated.

However, I had some issues. First, even though the room had been cleaned, the trash barrel had a beer bottle in it, there was no pen, no room service menu, and no hotel info book. I called room service a few times before they actually picked up (in the middle of the day). Then, I had requested breakfast via the order form left outside my door. They never delivered it, and I had to call room service in the morning. They had the form, they just could not be bothered to take care of it. This a business hotel, I was here on business - needed to leave by a certain time. Then, I was overcharged for the breakfast (which was rectified).

Food was way overpriced ($14 sandwich, $14 pancakes). Sandwich and fries were OK. Pancakes, which are described as blueberry granola, are actually Aunt Jemima microwave pancakes with blueberry & granola on the side. Awful!

Oh, and $9.95 for in-room internet access? The Sheraton is all about nickle-and-diming customers. Would not return - only stayed here due to room price anyways.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lem1783
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Staybridge Suites Dulles
Staybridge Suites Dulles
#10 of 20 in Herndon
4.0 of 5 stars 263 reviews

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!