“It's all about recovery”

Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed March 9, 2014

i stay at the Sheraton after a flight through Washington was cancelled due to weather. The hotel itself was great, big room good lunge and rest.

The shuttle pick up from the airport was a problem and was seriously delayed and the communications form the hotel was problematic. BUT, when this was pointed out the the hotel GM, rather than dismiss it jumped on the issue. He promised to follow-up and did. He explained the issue and how they had resolved it. He was prompt and apologetic for the issue.

For those who travel a lot, we all experience issues - but the recovery is key and in this case the hotel recovered perfectly.

If you ned a DC Airport hotel - these guys will not let you down.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear srhastings1,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Aiport. I am happy to see we could correct the shuttle experience you had on the night of your arrival. I enjoyed speaking with you and I am happy you have decided to stay with us again. I look forward to seeing you in October.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

For an airport hotel, this Sheraton has very little noise pollution and is very quiet. The hotel, while not memorable, has all of the basics that you will need for a business trip including a large workspace. The hotel has a pool, although you should be aware it has very limited hours. Very convenient hotel if you have business in the area or need to be by the airport but getting around requires a rental car as there is little in the immediate area. The sheets were a bit stiff and the mattress too firm for my liking and the hotel lacks personality as it is nearly identical to the surrounding hotels. With free internet and breakfast when staying on the club level, it fits the bill for all of the necessities, if not all of the comforts one would like.

Room Tip: Club level is your best bet
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear John W.,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am happy to read the hotel had all of the amenities that you needed. The next time you are traveling to Dulles area we hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed one night and got a great rate for a Friday night. The hotel is clean and the front desk staff was friendly. I was checked in very quickly with no issues. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

It was pretty good. Really wanted to find a place to eat dinner with a friend. It was next door to my hotel. I liked it but the wine was terrible. We had white wine. We both had the worst headache ever.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I recently stayed at this Sheraton, as I used to frequently stay there for business. I will never stay there again.
When I checked into the hotel, the key machine was not working, so I was given a master key, and the lady at the desk suggested that I bring it back down in the morning in hopes that the machine would be fixed. As suggested, I did just that. Went down, and asked for a new key to my room. The man up front, of some middle eastern, was standing next another man of middle eastern descent, and he was clearly friends with him. I felt a tad bit uncomfortable at first, as they were both staring at me. I received my new room key, and then went to grab a cup of coffee. Imagine my surprise when the "friend" was standing up in my hallway, near my room. He was just sipping his coffee and asked me if I was middle eastern. I am not middle eastern, nor was he supposed to be hanging out in my hallway clearly waiting for me. I was so uncomfortable, I went into my room and locked the door until I left. When I was leaving for the day, asked the man up front who his buddy was. And he said, I have no idea who you are talking about. I started to get really angry, and said the guy who was hanging out with you by the front desk, the one who randomly showed up on my floor? He played stupid for a while, and then came up with a bogus excuse, that he sent him up to see if I could get in my room. First of all, the guy had no interest in whether my key card worked, and he was clearly in cahoots with him. I was so nervous in this hotel, that when I arrived for the evening, I had my colleague walk in my room and check every possible crevice for anyone hiding. I will never stay here again. I used to like the convenience of this hotel, but have decided that other properties are a better option. I do like the Westin right around the corner, it has a full service restaurant and doesn't seem to have creeps working there.

Room Tip: I would have provided better reviews of all of these, however my recent experience has completely ch...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mom_of_ashopper
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business twice in 3 weeks. Front desk is super friendly and helpful. It really is guests and customers first here. The breakfast is good, parking is easy, and the rooms are always clean. Great location to Reston Town Center and Herndon restaurants.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I would like to preface this review by saying that Jim, the hotel manager did everything possible to try to remedy the problems that I encountered by giving me points and by refunding most of my stay costs, which I felt was both generous and appropriate.

Having said that, I chose this hotel because when I called and asked they said that they had an on call shuttle and that meant that within a few minutes the shuttle would head to the airport to pick you up. It was exceptionally cold in DC and the front desk said the shuttle would be 15 minutes. It was almost 55 minutes of freezing after an international flight, waiting for the shuttle. The front desk also lied about how long it would take. Their restaurant is closed for lunch and room service and the restaurant close at 10pm, which is not the best for an airport hotel . At least have a light tapas type menu until midnight.

There were quite a few problems with my room, no bath tub, no heat until I called and they had to change out the unit,so I was freezing until it was fixed.

The manager and manager on duty did their best and I appreciated that. I would stay here again if they have a restaurant that is open late, which is important for an airport hotel and also if they have an on call shuttle. They should combine with the Hyatt place which is next door and they manage both hotels.

Room Tip: If you would like a bathtub, be sure to ask for a double room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!