“Good Food Friendly Staff”

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern
Ranked #3 of 225 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Melbourne, Florida
“Good Food Friendly Staff”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The food was very good, and the staff friendly. Only complaint was that it got very loud when a football game came on. This was really a locals type of place that I stumbled upon while visiting the area.

va
“Buffalo NY in Virginia”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Jimmy's is a slice of Buffalo NY transplanted into quaint old town Herndon. It's got a Buffalo sampler platter with pierogies and kielbasa among the choices, its got an authentic and quite good beef on weck, and, it's got putaine. For the un-initiated, putaine is a french canadian version of french fries covered in beef gravy with cheese curd dappled across the gravy - a gooey, melty savory blast to the arteries but really, really good with a cold beer. Their [aka Fri. nite] fish fry is an excellent slab of fish (hard to say if haddock or cod).

It's got a tavern personality, Bills and Sabres games on the tube, and full tables at most lunches and dinners, so they are definitely doing things right. They don't have pretensions to fine dining. It's a Buffalo bar, it is what it is, and if you like old time bars with robust food, this is your kind of place. Rumors are they are expanding, so business must be good.

Vonore, Tennessee
“Good pub food & beer-really 3.5”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We've been a couple of times in the last year to meet our friends who live close and go often. Our real rating would be a 3.5. It's a great corner bar, but not a destination restaurant for us. We had nachos (called Jimchos) and they were great, and plentiful for 4. The Reuben and Roast Beef Weck were both good, as were the entrees we had last time. There are lots of beers on tap. Service was great. It got loud when they started the trivia and a Jeopardy-like thing (on Tuesday) which was probably fun if you were drunk. We were disappointed that some folks cheated, by using their smart phones!

Reston VA
“Last visit disappointing”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

While I have eaten at Jimmy's on numerous occasions, I was disappointed by my last visit. Took an associate there for a business lunch. We both had the cream of crab soup. My associate found numerous bits of shell in her soup which ruined my appetite for it. Additionally the kitchen failed to produced my sandwich as ordered (the server showed me the order ticket). While the mistake was credited on my bill, I was left with a bad taste. I will think twice before I take a client there again.

• Visited August 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“Old Town Charm”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Jimmy's is a true old school tavern - hipsters can go elsewhere. If you're looking for some sort of trendy microbrewery, then go somewhere else. If you're looking for a down-home tavern that has great food, a decent selection of beverages with a full bar, and super-friendly service, then this is your place. Give yourself a treat and get the Weck or the Old Town Burger. An officially licensed Buffalo Wings purveyor! Table service area is also family friendly. Check out trivia night on Tuesdays - it's a ton of fun!

Visited July 2013