“A friendly neighborhood pub...”

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern
Ranked #2 of 227 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Jimmy's is a great place for a few drinks and a nice meal. Casual atmosphere, the menu is good and they have awesome prime rib.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

A great place for friends and teams to gather and socialize while enjoying a good meal. The BBQ combo and Buffalo Platter both offer alot of ok food. The margerita's are very good. Wish I had tried their famous root beer float. Jimmy is a friendly guy who mixes with all his patrons in warm cheery way. We'll definitely go back another time.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Although we live in Herndon, we had never been to Jimmy's since it opened here 16 years ago. I heard people talking about it, but since I'm not a bar lover, and it looked from the street like it was just a crowded bar, I never wanted to go there. My husband, a bit more adventuresome than me, convinced me to go by reading the menu to me, one late afternoon when I was getting hungry for dinner! I'm so glad we did try Jimmy's because the food was wonderful and the atmosphere (in the restaurant section, not the bar) was so much fun! It made me think of times when we've been traveling and tried a local restaurant and then remembered that as one of the highlights of the trip. But this is right in our home town, so even better - we can go back again!
Do try the french fry dish called Poutine - so tasty! I got the Friday fish fry, and the haddock was very sweet and light. The pierogies and kielbasa that came with it (instead of french fries, which we had in the poutine dish) were fantastic - that's what I will order as my main dish next time! We arrived just after 5 pm on a Friday, and by 6 pm every table was full, so go early if you plan to eat dinner there!

1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Definitely not a boring bar! The food is great...the enviornment is fun and TJ is a hoot! We spent a week in Herndon and found ourselves drawn to eating dinner here a couple of times. Good times!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband invited me to his company 'happy hour' at this place and it was the first time I'd ever been (him too). Now, I am lamenting that I have been missing out all these years!

The waitress Janine (not sure how you actually spell it) was very personable, was always on top of our food and our beer and was just a delight.

We only had appetizers but I definitely want to go back for a meal. The pierogies were great! The Kielbasa was just delicious!!!! There could have been a lot more of that!!! I would have just kept eating and eating. The potato skins were nice and large. The nachos were fantastic! The wings were great!

Overall, it was pretty darn good food with good beer on tap and friendly service.

My husband and I will definitely be making a visit for a sit down meal!

1  Thank vermonter16