“great bar”

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern
Ranked #2 of 227 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great atmosphere great drinks and reakky enjoy the crowd there lots of food and drinks would recommend this place to anyone looking to have a fun night
JIMMYS IS ONE OF THE OLDEST STANDING BARS IN HERNDON AND STILL GOING STRONG IN THESE HARD ECONOMICAL TIMES
its all about looking after hour customers

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Our family and our best friends love Jimmy's. Great bar and great pub food. Quick service. We look forward to a Guiness and the Prime Rib special on Saturdays. This is just a great neighborhood bar/restaurant. We've been going there for years, and it's the only place that we go to several times a year.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is not just a bar with a few tables. Tables for perhaps 100. But let me get back to the great food. They have Buffalo NY origins so the you'll find their sports fans and food take a prominent stage. Being a big wings fan I had to try them. I was not disappointing as they were very tender and seasoned well. But with four heat settings I went for the hot the second time around because it's wasn't too hot, and I usually go for a medium. Oh yeah, I got two orders. Actually got the Buffalo platter which had a very tender roast beef sandwich on a soft roll, 5 wings, perogies and kielbasa (fries are the other option). A great deal for $13. But there were so many good deals. My group of 12 was treated well, accommodated easily, served quickly. The group options I got feedback on included Philly Cheese Steak, Fries with cheese and gravy, Jambalaya, Cheeseburger. I heard great things about the pot pie. My only average item was the apple pie. A little loud in a tavern kind of way, but a great option for 2 or 12; give it a try.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a neighborhood pub and sports bar, with a broader menu than you might expect. If you've ever been to Buffalo, you've probably tried Roast Beef on Weck. They do a great job with it here. My wife enjoyed her Reuben too, they make it with Russian dressing here. Also, the beer selection is good, with lots of craft beers on tap. It's a little noisy, but not overwhelming. Reminded me of several bars in the Chicago area, but no Bears here, strictly Bills. We will be back.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were visiting the area for a U12 Travel Hockey Game, the team could not decide where to go but I found Jimmy's on my phone. A previous Trip Advisor person said it was kid friendly, so I said let's go. All totaled we ended up with about 30 people in the restaurant area, and the staff of Jimmy's were great host.

The front area is a bar set up with some very friendly people. The fuss ball table was a hit with the kids, and some of the patrons were very good with the kids, asking about their game, which of course we won.

We sat in the back half of the restaurant. They quickly moved around tables and had us all seated very quickly. We took it easy on the drinks because of the kids, however the few we had were cold and refreshing. The food was excellent. I had a burger and fries which were good, and many of the parents commented how good their food was. Watching my figure I did not order desert, but the kids who did said they were awesome.

Only downside to the restaurant is the outside. Signage is not great and several of the parents were concerned that we maybe going to a dump. Once inside that opinion changed.

Great Restaurant and good old fashion Tavern. I look forward to going back for our next hockey game.