“Not Bad for a Hotel Restaurant”

Elements On Level One
Reserve with OpenTable
Elements On Level One is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 227 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt.28 & Dulles Toll Road
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This restaurant is located in the lobby of the Hyatt Dulles Hotel. I am generally not a fan of hotel restaurants, even if I am staying in the hotel, but this one was very good. Even though they were busy with a large business group, my service was good and so was my meal of Halibut and grilled Asparagus. However, the large open lobby with the modern décor does not provide a very warm ambiance. Also, the large business group, enjoying their buffet, made for a very noisy atmosphere. If I was comparing it to other hotel restaurants located in the main lobby, I would say it was very good, but my personal preference is toward a smaller and quieter place with more personality.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had dinner at this restaurant which is located in the Hyatt hotel last week. The food was average and a little overpriced. The service was nothing to rave about and my wife was served the wrong entree. If you are staying at the hotel, it is probably a fine option but I wouldn't go out of my way to dine here.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our anniversary weekend was at the Hyatt Dulles recently and we enjoyed breakfast in the
hotel restaurant. Luckily breakfast was included in our room rate. there are several packages in which breakfast is included and it is wise to seek those out as by itself it is a bit expensive. The buffet is $20 but still a good value considering the quality of the food offered.Juices included
as well as great Torrefazione coffee. You just can't get enough of it. Carved salmon also included and your omlette custom made. Great service all around and our waiter Ming, could not have been more accomodating and helpful.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Hotel buffets are rarely inexpensive, but this one is well worth the price charged ($19 as of this review). The standards were there -- bacon, sausage, potatoes, french toast, Belgian waffles, fruit -- but also a nice smoked salmon section. The fruit wasn't just chunks of canned fruit, it was large pieces of melon. Omelettes could be made with egg whites or Egg Beaters as well as with regular eggs, which was a nice bonus. Service was excellent; I didn't have to ask for drink refills once.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Went here with a business colleague and I was embarrassed to have been the one who selected this restaurant. The Hyatt lobby was beautiful. HOWEVER, this restaurant was one of the worst hotel lobby restaurants I have ever been to. The appetizer was good (crab cakes), but the "Ribeye Steak" was no better than shoe leather. It was less than a half inch thick, riddled with gristle and the veggies with the meal were not cooked. We both had to send our meals back.

Don't waste your time or money or time at this place!