“Nice rooms, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East

Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
India
“Nice rooms, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The hotel is very close to Dulles airport. Rooms are very spacious. Staff is nice, courteous & helpful. Breakfast is great with good choice for vegetarians as well. Definitely recommended for folks visiting Herndon, VA.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank HemantR24
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We look forward seeing you soon in the very near future.

Rajesh Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
Fraser, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is the lowest priced of the Volkswagen approved hotels in Herndon. The staff is great - always greet me when I come in or leave, and happy to assist with any questions or special requests, though they were out of lotion and never did send one up after I requested it. I LOVE that they will give me a glass a milk so I can take my evening medications - no charge! The wifi in the rooms is inconsistent - the first room I stayed in had a good signal, but the second was too weak to stream radio. I hate the shower stalls, though. There isn't a full width door, and there is only one tiny shelf. Pretty much impossible to shave my legs. There were a surprising large number of families staying over the weekend, which made the breakfast buffet a zoo. The air conditioner blows right on the bed, so when it switches on you are instantly cold. Love the shuttle service - easy to get to the airport or VW office. There's hardly anything within walking distance - no stores and only one restaurant.

Room Tip: I've never had any issues with noise from floor above, or from either side. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Location
1 Thank JoAnne J
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about some areas that were not up to your expectations. I invite you to reach out to me directly so we can resolve these matters to your satisfaction. We would like you to give us one more opportunity.

wilmington nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Overall the hotel was great. First time staying at a Hyatt and enjoyed this visit pretty well. Hotel is very convenient to Dulles and the Air and Space Museum for the space shuttles. You are about 20 minutes from Vienna for the Metro into DC. The Dulles connector when completed later this month will make a Metro stop even closer. The hot breakfast each morning was good. Good job of keeping the foods replenished. Our room was bigger than expected and comfortable bed with large 42" TV. No tub in the rooms but shower was nice. My only complaint was the 24/7 room service. Quality of food not par with the actual hotel. The beer selection when we were there was limited and cheese platter was not very good. Overall we would return.

Room Tip: Corner room was very nice..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your stay was fine in almost all aspects. We have noted the minor comments that you have listed and will put some thought to it. We look forward seeing you soon.

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very nice hotel - albeit with a few maintenance items needing repair. In defense of the management, I did not worry about the issues and only notified them when I left. They were: 1) one half the King bed bed nearest the door leaned (about a 5% tilt) toward the door (I just slept on the other side). One of the phones in the room (the one on the desk) was inoperative (I just used the other one (near the bed), and the deadbolt lock would not engage.
That said, even with the issues I experienced, the hotel is very nice. The ambiance of the area and room were excellent, the morning breakfasts were awesome, and the amenities (gym, pool, 24x7 food service) were fantastic. Additionally, there was a paved walking trail through the woods less than .25 mile away. I enjoyed early morning and late evening walks on this trail and saw 2-4 deer each time. Very nice and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Overall, the hotel was convenient in location for my business trip. The room was nice, though the couch was ripped and seriously sunk in. The cleaning staff did a great job in restocking supplies and keeping the room nice.
That said, I was pretty angry about the "24/7" menu service. I called to the front desk at 1230am for a simple dish and was told by a very rude receptionist that she didn't have time and it would take an hour. Mind you, there was only ONE customer downstairs when I went down shortly thereafter. I had to settle for an awful, overpriced ready-made sub.
Also, there are NO vending machines in this hotel. Wth!?
I would like to give a nice shout out to the afternoon front desk staff, particularly Zach. They were very friendly.
I don't intend to stay here again, however.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank LH_Mav

Raleigh NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I am a long time Hotel Dulles Sierra patron for stay-cations & business trips. (It is now Hyatt House Dulles).

I booked this Hyatt Place accidentally on a site based on amenities that matched the other hotel and figured it would still be good. Here is what I got for my trip:

•Rooms clean, beds comfortable.
•Staff friendly
•Thirsty toweling
•WSJ newspaper (I much prefer the Washington Post)
•Breakfast bar
-son could play hockey with the nasty frozen mini pancakes. They would probably make better furniture coasters, though.
-the most unpalatable powdered eggs ever made. So bad that military men were turning up their
Noses and throwing them away in disgust. I stuck with cottage cheese, fruit pieces and coffee after tasting them.
(By comparison, Hyatt Place Dulles offers an amazing staff with fresh cooked to order eggs/egg whites/omelets).

Any hotel should be clean and comfortable. My family and I will NOT be returning here!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BJMillerRaleighNC
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had some things contrary to your expectations. All Hyatt brands are mandated by brand standards, hence the variations. We hope that you will stay connected with the Hyatt family at large.

SIncerely,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is the third Hyatt Place hotel I have stayed at in 6 months and the room size and set up is almost identical to the previous two Hyatt Places'. This one has the best water pressure for the shower though, but still lacks an exhaust fan so after a hot shower it feels a bit like a steam sauna in there. King size sofa bed is just great but the room again lacks a real blanket for our third person to use. Breakfast is always great except on weekend when the dining area is crowded. Kitchen is not able to meet demand and they run out of plates, cups, bowls, forks, spoons and knives quickly around 9am, but the management quickly supplies plastic ones for us to use. The hotel is located in a semi-residential area with the other half being office buildings so it is rather quiet, but a village mall is just a few KM away with a true 24 hour McDonald's, which is rare. Distance to the highway is not bad but having to pay $1 each time for toll entering the highway is something I am not used to. Did not have this problem when I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Chantilly in the south side of the airport. The AC in the room is not cold enough for the sitting area on those 33C days, but good enough for the bedroom side. I am quite satisfied overall and the check in was quite prompt.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for discussing your stay in detail. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are thankful for the few items you have listed that we can strive to attain excellence in. We look forward seeing you stay with us very soon.