“Nice hotel”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
chicago
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had 4 adults and we reserved two rooms. They were able to give us rooms next door to each other but not adjoining. We stayed 3 nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There was a complimentary breakfast every morning; there was a good variety of food items to pick from. There was whole fruit (apples, oranges, bananas) and a mixed fruit bowl with sliced fruit (melons, etc) There was french toast on one of the mornings and a skillet egg item one of the other mornings. There is cereal, juices, milk, coffee for the beverages. There were pastries, english muffins, and bread to toast if you would like. The staff was friendly during our stay. We rented a car and drove to the Vienna train station and took the train into DC. We would stay here again.

1 Thank illinoistraveler25
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
We are glad to hear that your stay was a complete success. We invite you to choose us as your signature hotel on your future visits.

Rajesh Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
california
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The rooms are new, but service overall much to be desired. I waited almost 45 minutes for shuttle at airport. Had I known they don't have regular shuttles at night, I would have taken another hotel. I was very frustrated and ended up not having the rest I thought I would have staying closer to the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for bringing your thoughts to my attention. I am extremely apologetic for the shuttle incident that occured. Kindly reach out to me directly at the hotel, and I would personally ensure your needs are met.

Sincere Regards,

Orofino, Idaho
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Great staff who go out of their way to make sure your stay is delightful. They even have complimentary chargers for those who forget them like I did.
Nice and quiet too.
Only drawback is it's quite a ways from D.C. with no metro connection if that's important to you.

Room Tip: As far as I'm concerned they are all good rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for your feedback of your stay at our hotel. You now know where to reside on your next visit to this area.

Regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We arrived around 10 - 10:30 PM when we got to the hotel. There weren't a lot of people working, it seemed, so check in took a while longer than what I would consider typical. I hear this doesn't happen often. It seemed like the check in person was working the cafe too or something.

I really love how spacious the hotel is. The living room is SO useful. The outside sink is a little weird (especially for germaphobes), but it was useful. I also felt really really safe at this hotel, which is something I don't always feel, even in high rated hotels in other cities. We had the handicap room, but I wish there was a rack to hang towels/clothes in the bathroom.

I really loved the breakfast - the Santa Fe bagels and the egg sandwiches are delicious! By the time we were leaving they also made waffles (so they cook different dishes at different times), and everyone ran to get them. We all walked out silently because we were enjoying our waffles. Everybody loves waffles.

If you're going to Washington DC the tolls are super high to get in for such a short proximity to DC. If the tolls weren't so high and if the traffic wasn't annoying, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room without connecting doors if you don't want to hear doors closing. It's...
Peru, New York, United States
Reviewed April 20, 2014

First of all, I have to commend the front desk staff. Literally everyone we encountered was exceptionally friendly and willing to go above and beyond with respect to service. The food is quite good, and we had room service several times. They have quite a breakfast spread in the morning, which was a bonus.

The reason I did not give the hotel an above-average rating is two-fold. The first reason is that the pool is not available until 5pm on the weekends and not at all during the week. That was disappointing, as we have two little boys who love to swim. The second is that the housekeeping was really lacking despite hefty tipping (we always tip well - little boys can be messy!) In fact, the last day of our stay our room was never made up at all.

Overall, a great value and good place to stay.

1 Thank Karen J
san francisco
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I like staying at Hyatt Place properties. I find the layout pleasant and the free breakfast is a bonus. The room works well for families.

Front desk staff was mostly very kind, even calling me back while I waited for the airport shuttle to let me know it was running a bit late. Check-in was lightening fast.

The only significant negative. I needed a morning taxi since I was departing before the first shuttle. The desk called a car that charged an inflated price rather than a metered taxi. The small amount of extra money is not a big deal but it left a bad taste.

Anyway, I liked the place and would stay there again (but call my own taxi).

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I am a member of Hyatt and I'm always very satisfied with the service and amenities. The only complaint about this particular location is that they didn't have a variety of channels like some other locations I've visited. Since it was just an overnight stay for a college tour I wasn't too bothered by it but if I had stayed longer it may have become a little annoying. Other than that...loved it!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business