“Easily the best of the brand & beats equivalent standard hotels”

Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The customer service ethic and professionalism amongst all the staff from the front of house (exceptional) to housekeeping makes this mid priced hotel better and certainly the best of the brand that I have stayed in in other US towns up and down the eastern USA. In room internet has improved over last few years I have used this hotel and is now good 95% of the time and adequate for the balance. Food quality also improved and now consistent. Worthwhile improvements and I would recommend this hotel for business use and layovers.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We arrived late at night after a flight. We called and the shuttle was already on its way. The front desk was very nice and helpful. We were even able to get a quick, yummy snack from their 24 hour small cafe when we arrived. The room was huge, extremely clean, and quiet. The bed was super comfortable and I love that the room was a "suite" with a couch, and separate living space. We got a good night's sleep and were greeted in the AM by a very friendly staff. The breakfast was amazing! There were so many choices that you normally do not get at a regular hotel including breakfast sandwiches with egg whites and spinach! I wish we would have been able to stay here on our way back through, but we had already prepaid for another room elsewhere. We did have a mishap where the maids came in 2 times without knocking, but we advised the front desk and they were apologetic and credited us with extra points because of this.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I booked a room here after a late arrival at Dulles before heading off the next morning; this was a nice solid Hyatt stay. Not fancy, predictable, clean, modern (in fact the layout and the décor was a lot like an airport Hyatt I'd stayed at in Canada a couple of years ago so I guess it works for them). Comfy firm bed, fluffy towels, and fast enough internet. For the price, I didn't expect any personalized service but actually to be greeted by name when I called the front desk was very nice. I requested non fat milk for my in-room coffee (instead of creamer provided in the rooms) and they obliged for no charge. Reasonable breakfast in the lobby restaurant, apart from possibly the worst coffee I think I've ever had. Well appointed, modern gym. Swift check in and check out. Excellent airport choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2013

First, let me say that my overall experience was excellent. There was only one area for potential improvement, but let's start with the good news.

Beds were comfortable. The room was clean. The staff was super friendly and went out of their way to help you.

Let me break it down in chronological order: I flew into Dulles to catch an international flight the following morning. We got in at about 9:30 and we were tired and anxious. The only hiccup was that we called the front desk to inquire about the shuttle and were told to wait at curb 2H and the driver would be there in fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes passed, no sign of the driver for Hyatt Place (we did see a driver for Hyatt and Hyatt Regency, but they confirmed that Hyatt Place had its own driver). We called back. Clerk advised us that the driver came and couldn't find us some took off but would be back in "two minutes." So we are out standing in the cold when we hear someone say "Sheraton and Hyatt Place -Herndon." Apparently, Hyatt Place shares a driver with neighboring Sheraton. So the driver is cruising the pickup lane in a Sheraton van. We overlooked the driver because we weren't made aware of this completely reasonable situation.

Driver was super nice and put us at ease as we got to the hotel. Clerk immediately realized she had made an error and got us some bottled water comped. Really nice gesture. Staff also helped us fiddle with the business center computer. It was like professionalism was just a part of them and they exuded it without effort.

The next morning, another driver took us to the airport after we had one of the best free breakfast buffets I've seen. Vegetarian (dairy and egg) options were not only present but actually looked and tasted good. Were we meat eaters, we likely would have loved to try the assortment of hot breakfast sandwiches they laid out.

Morning shuttle was prompt and courteous. The driver also gave us directions to our airline once inside the terminal (because it is situated in a weird place). I would stay there again in a heartbeat even with the minor shuttle gaffe. Mistakes happen, but a hotel's response to those mistakes is key and Hyatt Place Herndon handled themselves in the manner which I expect from a brand like Hyatt.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hyatt Place is an upscale business-class stay that really fits the bill. Great service, cleanliness, convenience, and professionalism all make this place stand out amongst the available offerings. I recommend this place for any type of stay. My only negative would be to say you can hear the jets landing during business hours, but hey...if you are looking for total quiet and relaxation go to an island!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 8, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Greeting upon entry was prompt, courteous and indisciminating of Priceline deal. Actually blown away. Breakfast complete with fresh fruit and creative egg sandwich. Room was spacious, that of a much more expensive one. Treadmill heavy duty. Small bar/cafe area surprisingly a variety of good values and healthy options - prices were lower than expected for a hotel. Can't ask for more.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Staybridge Suites Dulles
Staybridge Suites Dulles
#10 of 20 in Herndon
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!